“Our new vacation spot!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Whispering Pine Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ruidoso
Whispering Pine Cabins
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wimberley, Texas
“Our new vacation spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We drove to Ruidoso on a whim and luckily were able to get a cabin at Wispering Pines. We stayed in a 2 bedroom one bath called the Ponderosa. The cabin was clean and they provided lots of extras like firewood, fire starters and a fully stocked kitchen. You can even rent movies at the office. Our stayed was memorable and we fell in love with Ruidoso we will be back soon! I also want to mention how comfortable the beds were, I slept like a baby!

• Stayed October 2012
WPCabins, Owner at Whispering Pine Cabins, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write Trip Advisor. We recently renovated our Ponderosa cabin as part of a complete on-site update. We are proud of how they all turned our and are so glad you enjoyed the Ponderosa. We work very hard to make every stay enjoyable and memorable. Come see us again!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Reading the reviews on these cabins I was a little hesitant in staying at Whispering Pines, but I did anyways and was very glad that I had! I was recommended these cabins by friends of mine who absolutely loved them and thought a nice forest vacation would be great. I stayed in the Cabin Fever cabin with my husband and it was very clean; I could smell the cleanliness as I walked in the door. There was a little bit of dust since it is on a dirt road, but nothing that interfered with my terrible allergies. I will recommend these cabins to my friends and family, and will continue staying here whenever I feel the need to get away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review. Cabin Fever is one of our favorites. The coziness and proximity to mid-town have make this a very popular cabin. Come see us again!
Corpus Christi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed in cabin fever. Maybe you should name it "Cabin HayFever". The cabin would have been fine if someone had bothered to actually clean it. We will NEVER rent another cabin anywhere!!! The Inn of the Mountain Gods is close by and much cleaner and cheaper. You should be ashamed of yourselves for ripping off people who just want a little vacation. For what you charge the least you can do is clean your nasty places up before renting them out. At the very least, prepare people by adding a disclaimer and leaving ALL of the supplies needed inside to make them tolerable-cleaning supplies!!!!!
Have fun spending our hard earned money.
BEWARE-if you have any allergies at all or autoimmune problems do not even think about staying here. My optic nerve is now shot and I am blind in my right eye. Thank you, Whispering Pines!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
WPCabins, Owner at Whispering Pine Cabins, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
This revue is unfair. This person never said a word to us during her stay. This is a completely remodeled cabin with all new furniture, fixtures, flooring and features all amenities including a whirlpool tub, flat screen, wi-fi, gas grill and is walking distance to mid-town. The cabin has been a consistent performer and subsequent guests have raved about it, as has every other guest to ever stay in it. Her remarks about hotels is telling. In the cabin industry we have a saying: "That's not a cabin person." Clearly this applies here, its just a terrible shame that she had to try to harm us for no apparent reason. Sad.
Mesa, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I spent a weekend at Whispering PInes and had a great time. The place was beautiful and well kept, our cabin was a 1 bedroom with all of the amenties and you could tell it was well taken care of. The owners were great in guiding us around town to see the sights and helping in other areas. Looking forward to going back. Thanks, Les

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
WPCabins, Owner at Whispering Pine Cabins, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
So glad that you had a great time and that the cabin was what you wanted and expected. Thanks for the review!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

My Wife her sister from Austin, Texas and I stayed at Whispering Pine Cabin just recently (August,2012). What a wonderful place to stay!! We stayed at the Riverway Cabin, it was very clean, and had all the aminitys that you could ask for! JC and Anita Duncan - the owners are so delitful, and anything that we needed, we would ask and they were right on it right now! My wife and I make a trip every summer down to Whispering Pine Cabin, we have stayed at Cherry Tree, Blue Spruce, they both were clean and great. The Deer come right up near the cabins, as you are in the upper canyon. We plan on going there every year, as this is our favorite place to stay in NM! Cheers to JC and Anita for providing a great place, and excellent service! Check it out on WPCabins.com! You will enjoy your stay at Whispering Pines, I promise you will come back for more! Thanks, Bob and Debra Parr

Room Tip: Check out the website, and choose your own. We just love this place!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have stayed at the Whispering Pines Cabins two times the most recent was in May of 2012. I stayed in the Sandoval Cabin it is an extremely nice, comfortable and clean cabin with everything you need. While relaxing in the hot tub in the evenings it is exciting to watch the deer come into the yard and feed. There were plenty of towels and extra blankets if needed, and a fully stocked kitchen. There is also a washer and dryer down stairs and a gas grill on the porch.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Artesia, New Mexico, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Whispering Pines is a great place to relax in the cool pines of Ruidoso. We so appreciate the pet-friendly cabins & staff. We get to enjoy the cooler weather, shopping, golf & horse racing and then grilling with friends while enjoying a cold one and having our doggies with us. Okay, so they're not the most up-scale cabins around, but they're comfortable, great location, have grills & picnic tables for every cabin. We'll be coming back again and again. Thank you!!
JillG

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Whispering Pine Cabins? Share your experiences!