“Basic but clean...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   307 US Hwy 70 W, Ruidoso, NM 88345 (Formerly Executive Inn and Suites Ruidoso)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 23 hotels in Ruidoso
Bradford UK
“Basic but clean...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights in June. Staff very helpful and knowledgable re the local area. Also allowed me to print boarding cards for transatlantic flight back to the UK, saved me loads of hassle.
Room was basic and clean. Free wifi is always a plus.
Hotel is scheduled for major refurb. Expect an increase in quality in late 2012.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Copperas Cove, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Clean room, staff was very helpful. Breakfast was good, well stocked and attendant was helpful and friendly. Pool was excellent!, perfect temperature! Area around the pool was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Clovis, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I got to the Hotel and the clerk was nice she even looked up a couple of taxi numbers for me although she did give some bad info about breakfast.
Then I got to my room in which I found the following; The lights in the bedroom didn’t work, an electrical outlet that didn’t cover the wiring(hazard to children), sink in the bathroom dirty, towel rack broken and propped up, curtains tattered, couch cushion torn, glass tabletop chipped it had two large chips in(hazard to children), and the coffee pot didn’t work the next morning it leaked all over the place.
I was told at check-in that breakfast was from 7:00am until 10:00am. Being the procrastinator that I am and while waiting on my coffee in my room(that went everywhere)I waited until 9:20am to go down stairs at which time I read the sign Breakfast 6:00am until 9:00am(Freaking Great). I spotted some coffee near the front desk as I’m getting my coffee I mentioned that upon check-in that I was told breakfast was 7:00am until 10:00am to which the clerk replied curtly “I DIDN’T TELL YOU THAT”, trying to remain calm I said no you didn’t check me in… Suit 254

Do Not Stay in this over priced No Tell Motel

I have pictures but I don't have the cable to down load them from my phone.

Room Tip: None here.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Ruidoso, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

1/14/2012. We come to ruidoso at least once a month and thought we would try the quality inn I have stayed at many quality inns and this is by far the worse experience. Let me say that the front desk clerk was polite and courteous everything else was below standard. Upon arriving we found the pool was out of order. Our kids like to swim and the pool is a necessity I asked the manager if we could cancel our reservation without being charged and she said she could do it but wouldn't. I was shocked. If she could do it why wouldn't she;just to make $75. I don't get it. Anyway we stayed Nothing to do within walking distance. Room was dirty,and smelled of cheap air deodorizer and a little like wet dog. They have breakfast ,not too bad. My wife and daughter went to eat and asked her to bring back a plate for me and my 4yr old. Mgr stopped her and said no food can leave the eating area. So I went down and passed 2 different people carrying food out ,one was filling a small cooler with fruit and yogurt. I maintained my anger s, filled two plates and walked back to the room. Passed the mgr on the way and she didn't say a word. If you stay bring wii, iPads and toys to keep you and kids occupied. Needless to say, we abruptly checked out and checked into our favorite. Hotel ruidoso for $5 more a night. It is clean, well maintained and within waLking distance to eats,drinks, and park plus pool is just the right size

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Wichita Falls, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Staff at the front desk were friendly and very helpful. The breakfast experience the following morning was unsatisfactory. Quality of food was not really good at all. I had to go find the attendant twice, first time for more forks, found her in the lobby using the computer, second time to inform her the trash can was overflowing and they were going to have a mess to clean up. The trash cans out front (outside) were overflowing with trash. Carpet at the top of the stairs was stained and had a foul odor. My mattress had some left overs on it and since I was able to notice it I am surprised it was missed by housekeeping. Patio out back had no furniture. They do not allow food or drink in the pool area. I can understand no glass, but no food or drink at all is too restrictive. Location is convenient. This hotel was an Executive Suites up until 6 months ago. Maybe they are planning improvements, time will tell. Have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Room Tip: Ask to do a walk through and check one of the rooms out before obligating. If they have nothing to h...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Levelland, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

We were in this room less than ten hours! We checked in without going to our room, and then left to go and gamble. We did not return to the motel until ten o'clock that night. We showered, went to bed, got up at eight the next morning, and left. A week later, I see the regular room charge, and then an extra forty five dollar charge on my credit card. I called them to see what was up with that, and no one could seem to figure out why I was charged the seperate charge. FINALLY, someone called me back and told me that I was being charged the extra forty five dollar fee because I marked on the sheets with an ink pen!! REALLY?? I had nothing better to do but sit around and color the sheets in a motel room? I DON'T THINK SO! That's the craziest thing that I have ever heard of! The manager that I spoke to said that the owners were going to call me about it since I obviously disputed the charge, but that has been over three weeks ago, and I'm still waiting on the phone call. The motel stinks, they have bogus fees, and the rooms are not cleaned well. If you are planning on staying in Ruidoso, book early so that you don't have to stay in this piece of crap, rip off motel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I am a self-retired Flight Attendant and have stayed at many hotels in my lifetime. I couldn't get a room at any of the most recommended places on Tripadvisor so I had to settle for here. Please note that there is NO elevator. I had to lug suitcases, 2 toddlers, and a portable crib up and down flights of stairs so if you don't/can't do stairs, you should ask for a room on the first floor.
The hotel is tired but the room was clean. I wouldn't come back to this hotel, would definitely try some other places before coming back.

Room Tip: No elevator so if you don't want to do stairs, ask for a room on the first floor or don't st...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!