“Has become our local favorite.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 75 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Cuisines: Mexican
Roswell, New Mexico
“Has become our local favorite.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

We visit Ruidoso one or two times a month and we try to eat El Camino every time we are in town. We love it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Roswell, New Mexico
“Very Authentic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

We ate here one night of our spring break trip because Casa Blanca was too busy and we decided to try them another night. Glad we did. The food isn't your usual Tex Mex but it's very authentic and very good. I believe this restaurant is family owned and ran because the owner was our server, and the other server I believe was his sister. He informed us his grandmother was the cook, which we thought was soo unique. Enjoyed it greatly and will return.

Visited March 2012
Carrollton, Texas
“Solid Mexican Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

The food at El Camino Nuevo was really quite tasty. The tamales in red sauce were very spicy and the Green Chile Brisket Burrito was nicely flavored. I thought the pre-meal salsa was also excellent. I see various Texans griping about the food but Tex-Mex and New Mex aren't the same. The flavors are quite different and should be enjoyed on their own merits. The service was attentive and polite and the prices reasonable for the portions.

Visited August 2011
Fort Worth
“Horrible reheated food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011 via mobile

We stopped in for a late lunch at around 2 in the afternoon. The chili relinos I ordered were swimming in grease so much that is was pooling on the plate and they were just a pile of mush. I sent it back and ordere flautas in their place and I guess they just reheated some leftover from the lunch crowd because they were so hard I literally could not bite through one. The beef inside was so over cooked that it was hard as jerky. I sent it back too and when I went to pay the manager had already told the waitress that I was going to have to pay for one of the meals. I argued about it and she agreed and seemed a bit embarrassed about asking me to pay for it. My daughters ordered kids cheese enchiladas and all they were were flour tortillas with shredded cheese sprinkled on them, rolled up and nuked in the microwave...with a pinch of shredded cheese sprinkled in top. Absolutely ridiculous. My parents' beef tacos contained reheated, very dry, luke warm ground beef. I think Maybe our food was just reheated leftovers because we were having such a late lunch but when you pay full price, you expect freshly cooked food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth, Texas
“nasty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

Im from fort worth texas. Me and my boyfriend love mexican food. We look forward to eat it every time we go out of town. We have been to ruidoso three times. we usually go to casa blanca. which let me tell u if a lot better then el camino. I looked at this website to decide on what is the best mexican food. They were really far off on this one. The only thing that was good was the coke, guacamole, and the beans. I order one cheese and one beef enchilada, y boyfriend got a chicken enchilada, taco, and a flauta. He didn't like the food as well. my beef taco, was nasty. the meat tasted so weird. i cant explain it, just nasty. the salsa, was so nasty, i told my boyfriend we have to get guacamole because i cant eat this salsa.. It left the worst taste in my mouth. i went here because i saw that people from texas liked this place. I don't know what they were tasting but if you like your mexican food don't go here. End of the night, it left our stomaches very upset,and haven't settled well at all.

• Visited March 2011