“Inconsistency” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Rancher's Steak and Seafood

The Rancher's Steak and Seafood
2823 Sudderth Drive, Ruidoso, NM 88345 (Formerly Santino's Italian Restaurant)
575-257-7540
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 75 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
El Paso, Texas
“Inconsistency”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Had their lobster special in May, it was awesome! Took the whole family out for Wed. Lobster special night in July and everyone's food was terrible, Just went again (Aug) and had prime rib that was great...so maybe they just receive a bad batch of lobster, know others that experience the same problem...hope it's straightened out as first time was very good.

Visited July 2013

Santo, Texas
“Great Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

A glass of Wine, Fried Oysters, Steak & Warm Spinach Salad a MUST HAVE! Not overly priced & the service was great!

Visited August 2013
Houston
“Excellent food and friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I stopped here after going for a drive while visiting Roswell. I wanted to eat light but couldn't pass up the surf & turf. I had a rare filet, loaded baked potatoe, and lobster tail. The service was very fast and friendly and the food was great. The steak and potatoe were perfectly cooked, and the lobster tail was a sweet and fluffy, melt in your mouth delicacy. I left stuffed and ready to go back again!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vlissingen, The Netherlands
“black burnt bun holds my burger”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

A well cooked burger was served in black burnt buns. And it made it all taste black. The waitress showed the cook the buns, but no reaction at all.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“The Good, The Bad, The Ugly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We returned to Ruidoso recently for an extended visit. We had eaten at this restaurant last Summer right after it had opened and loved it. We were anxious to go back and went there our first night back in town, which happened to be a Monday night. We again experienced great service and food. Our favorite being the prime rib which was cooked to perfection and very tender and tasty. So a few days later when our friends came in to town we were anxious to return and introduce them to our favorite place in town. We arrived late on Saturday afternoon without a reservation. There were 4 of us. We were told it would be a 45 minute wait, to which we replied we would like to wait in the bar. The young man at the door then rudely told us the bar was completely full and no one would be leaving any time soon. My friend asked to speak to the manager as that didn't seem reasonable to us and we were told he was the manager. He then threatened to call the police if we returned. He followed us out the door and seemed to be under the impression that we were parked illegally outside the restaurant. He again threatened to call police if we didn't move our car. It was not our car, as we had walked there. I was totally amazed at his attitude and rudeness towards us. I find it hard to believe that he was indeed the manager and really hope he is not. I can not see them staying in business for long if that is the case. I can truthfully say I have never been treated so rudely in a restaurant in my life. I really do not understand why he became so hostile with us. I am deeply saddened by this as I truly loved this place and would love to be able to give it another try. However, with the thought of being treated this way again, we will not be returning in the near future.

• Visited July 2013