“Menu Could Use Some Work” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Rancher's Steak and Seafood

The Rancher's Steak and Seafood
2823 Sudderth Drive, Ruidoso, NM 88345 (Formerly Santino's Italian Restaurant)
575-257-7540
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 75 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Ruidoso, New Mexico
“Menu Could Use Some Work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Food is generally good. Only tried their lunches.The French Dip is very good. I found the lunch menu to be lacking in suitable choices. Ordered Beef Steak tomatoes and got Roma. Avoid the Seafood Roll sandwich. Very nice ambiance and a dark, leather clad bar any man can fit right into. Lunch prices a tad on the high side. New restaurant... perhaps they will get it together.

Visited March 2013

Ruidoso, New Mexico, United States
“Oh my, frozen out of box shrimp YUCK”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

First this is the only POOR that I have given out.

As a chef for 35 years, in fine dining, you can understand how I knew and how disappointed being served frozen packaged "coconut" shrimp, at an expensive restaurant, would be.
After calling the chef out and he admitted I was right. Then the cardboard shrimp where still on my bill, after they had been sent back. It was plain the salads where sitting, made about an hour ahead of time, by the wilt on the top. If you do make them up early, please take the time to wrap them.

If you do need help with training cooks and fine dinning presentation, please let me know.
I do understand how had it is to fine help in Ruidoso, but it is up to the managers to train and
do the menu prep.

Please tell me why you put salt crystals on the top of your chocolate cake?
Did you adjust recipe for high altitude? It was very dry.

My suggestion, if customers go, is to stick with the steaks and potatoes.

Practice, practice... Best Wishes, Ms Annie

PS Staff very pleasant even the dear young cook who was tiring very hard to please.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Huntington Beach, California
“Top Notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Enjoyed a fabulous, intimate dinner for two at The Ranchers on 3/13/13. The service was commendable and the food indescribably delicious. The restaurant was packed and every table appeared to be very happy. I usually do not order fish in a mountain resort town, but It was "lobster night" and I could not resist. The lobster turned out to be the best I have ever had that I can recall. This restaurant is worth coming back to Ruidoso for.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City, Missouri
“Wonderful Steak House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We were sure what to expect at The Rancher's since we just walked in to dinner. We were pleasantly surprised at the decor and the atmosphere within the resturant. The steaks we ate were very tender and tasty. The service was prompt and attentive, but not pushy. Great place to dine!!

Visited February 2013
Carlsbad, New Mexico
“Great steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Our waitress was excellent and went above and beyond in filling my beer thirst. The setting was very nice and the staff very professional. Our appiticers were very good and the steaks were cooked to perfection. We will return for more.

Visited February 2013