“Ruidoso Review” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #6 of 23 hotels in Ruidoso

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel previously and was appalled at how the accommodations and guest services have gone downhill, while the price has gone up by at least 50%. The rooms are large and nicely appointed, but the property isn't being maintained appropriately. They were understaffed and the staff that was there didn't seem to have the same guest service orientation I've typically experienced at Best Western properties.

We were given a room that was dirty, smelled musty and that had plumbing problems. The bathroom sink wouldn't drain, and when the toilet was flushed the first time it almost overflowed. The person on-duty - hotel was almost completely deserted - told us that no one was around to work on the plumbing, but she could bring up a plunger?!? We asked to be moved to another room and were moved. The room price was outrageous considering the value of the stay. Wouldn't recommend this property unless changes are made.

Room Tip: Check your room before checking in to make sure the windows seal, the sink drains and the toilet flu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

i had stayed in this hotel before and i had a pleasant stay however on my last stay in november 22 2012, my experience was not pleasant. my room was not properly cleaned by housekeeping, they did not provide me with enought towels and shampoo,soap,conditioner, and cups. i requested them at the main desk and they promise me they will bring them to me and they never did. then the hotel did not had water service on my last day of my staying, it last it for an hour,finally the pool which my kids love to go was not heated, i asked the main lobby and they told me that maintenance was working on it which during my stay i never saw anybody working on it. all this unpleasant event changed the image and expectations from this hotel,overall bad experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Very pleased with the price on the rooms. Reviewing and making reservations were very easy. The rooms were roomy, clean and bed was comfortable. Continental breakfast wasn't too good, both days there was no food, except for cereal and coffee. Overall it was a very nice stay and we will be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Ok, so I took the wife and 2 older children on a road trip for a few days. Wanted to visit Ruidoso NM just because I love having gone there in the past. I usually try staying in Holiday Inn Express because I have overall good luck. I contacted the HIE in Ruidoso and they wanted $189 per night because "it's their peak season and they have horse races this weekend". There is no HIE worth $189 per night period. So ended up at Best Western Plus and decided to stay there against my better judgment because they had the same idea, "peak season and horse race weekend". My rate was $159 for two queens. I am a member of AAA so that brought the price down to $143.99 plus tax. Got in and got situated. Room was nice and clean with comfortable beds. AC rattled a little bit but not bad. Slept well with no problems of noise or anything and the property was full as I took the last room. Got up and we were missing 3 of the 4 wash cloths and the iron leak $143.99 since I was AAA member. She told me since it was peak season no discounts were able to be applied. I asked her if the AAA rate was $143.99 based off of the $159 rate. She said yes. I said how would I know that if the clerk checking me in hadn't told me that. Anyway, she never asked how our stay was nor addressed any of the issues and finally decided that I would receive the $143.99 rate but she made certain I knew she had to override the system to give me that rate. LIKE I CARE!!!! Had she been more worried about how my stay was and if everything was okay in the room I would probably mark this stay as better than AVERAGE but since she really didn't seem to care and was only worried about the money I felt it deserved AVERAGE. To be honest I really feel like it deserves POOR because of them jacking the rate up so high as there is NO Best Western Plus worth $143.99 per night much less $159 per night. The only reasons I left it at AVERAGE is because all of the hotels/cabins jack the rates up so I won't punish them here for that.

Room Tip: Internet service seemed to work well
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ada, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I cannot say enough about this property without saying we almost had a bad travel experience if it hadn't been for this place. We stayed at another property for two nights, not good. Moved the next morning, they held our stuff. Breakfast was wonderful, rooms were large and very nice. Always clean rooms and property. Very nice indoor pool and workout facility. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you have a family of 4, this is the place to stay. Rooms are great. Big and very nice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed here with my kids during a recent visit. I booked online and found an internet special rate that was $60-70 a night cheaper than comparable hotels in the area. This is a nice facility--good location right on the side of a mountain with decent views. We had two queen beds with a sitting area and ceiling fan in our room. Room was clean and comfortable. Free high speed was available with good coverage. There is a covered pavilion adjacent to the hotel with a grill, and a nearby short hiking trail. The heated pool and hot tub area were fairly clean (I'm picky about pool cleanliness, but this one wasn't bad). The front desk folks were friendly and helpful.

The only potential drawback for some folks may be that this hotel is not located within walking distance of the downtown area, but it is a short drive. Also, the water pressure in the shower was poor.

Overall I'd stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Ruidoso Inn? Share your experiences!