“Be sure and check for internet specials--good rates available” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Ruidoso
College Station, Texas
“Be sure and check for internet specials--good rates available”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed here with my kids during a recent visit. I booked online and found an internet special rate that was $60-70 a night cheaper than comparable hotels in the area. This is a nice facility--good location right on the side of a mountain with decent views. We had two queen beds with a sitting area and ceiling fan in our room. Room was clean and comfortable. Free high speed was available with good coverage. There is a covered pavilion adjacent to the hotel with a grill, and a nearby short hiking trail. The heated pool and hot tub area were fairly clean (I'm picky about pool cleanliness, but this one wasn't bad). The front desk folks were friendly and helpful.

The only potential drawback for some folks may be that this hotel is not located within walking distance of the downtown area, but it is a short drive. Also, the water pressure in the shower was poor.

Overall I'd stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Vado, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

This hotel was just great: clean, comfortable beds, pillows, and great customer service. The breakfast was delicious. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Home sweet home.....
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Ft Worth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Our cabin in Cloudcroft fell through so we had to make a decision on the fly to stay in Ruidoso. We balanced prices with online reviews and picked this hotel quickly. We were not disappointed. The room (1 King) is very large with a sitting area and desk and free wi-fi, of course. Breakfast is very good with hot options (eggs, waffles, plus sausage or ham or bacon) and bakery items (bread, bagels, raisin bread for toasting), fruit, yogurt, cottage cheese & peaches, cereal and milk, plus juice. I was pleased because they had all my "healthy" choices: raisin bran, low fat milk, instant oatmeal packets, cranberry juice, and tea bag selection for hot tea. (Yeah, no one ever seems to have that.) They have a nice pool, although, we did not use. We did use one of the outdoor gazebos (there are two) plus they have a couple of grills available for use. Beds are great, no taco mattress here. Nice and quiet, a great night's sleep. Only cons we saw: hand towels / wash clothes / bath mat were still in process when we checked in around 4pm- no biggie, we just picked those up on our way in after dinner. Also, the water pressure was a little low and we had to use the plunger on the toilet a couple times, but it was no big deal. We would stay here again- if for no other reason but the views! The best in the village! Great view of mountains out the front and back of this hotel and from the gazebos.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Clovis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

2nd time staying at this hotel. The employees we encounterd were kind and the room was nice. The pool stays open late, and we plan on returning to this hotel upon our next visit to Ruidoso.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the highway.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

my husband works in oil fields so we stay in hotel very often never in my life have i had a stay like this one my husband had arrived a couple days before me so we had to change rooms the next day we had to recheck in to move rooms the hotel manager came out and stated that the whole room was covered in vomit i guess trying to mortify us and that she had charged 350.00 for cleaning it up so of course i wanted to know what in the hell was going on and after 45 min a total different story came out it was only in the bathroom around the toilet so my husband used the towels to clean it up so it was only in the towels so she charged us for the towels the maid who got sick cleaning it up and the maid drug the towels out of the bathroom and got it on the carpet so for cleaning the carpet to but what i dont understand is why not bring the garbage bag in the bathroom finally after catching her in a bunch of lies she brought it down for 150.00 my husband wanted to go somewhere else but i said why not just stay i have a 2 year old and it is not easy loading everything up and moving then that night when we came back the young girl at the desk told us that the manager would like to speak to us in the mornig about wether or not we was going to have to purchase a new couch becouse my daughter spilt some ice cream this hotel is a scam

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Las Cruces, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

What a difference a few months makes! Recommended this place in April 2011, but just returned from a disappointing stay. No towels, toilet paper or tissues in the room. The only toiletries provided (besides soap): shampoo and conditioner, no skin cream or mouthwash. The iron was broken. The breakfast buffet was pitiful--in fact, so limited that we went elsewhere to eat. The beds were comfortable, the wi-fi worked well, the service from staff was fine.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I had such a terrible experience with this hotel. I had made reservations weeks earlier based on an acquittance recommendations. When i walked in the women behind the counter didn't greet me but keep gossiping and laughing really loudly...then comes a younger lady from behind a door and greets me and I give her my info and she looks concerned. She then tells me that the had to take me from two queen beds to a king size...I told her that i had my two kids with me but the only thing she could do was offer a roll away and a crib. Fine. We get into our room and many things weren't working....sink, toilet, and fridge. I called to the front but didn't get an answer. I called back again and was placed on hold for about 5 minutes before I hung up. I decide to say something when we leave for dinner. As we get to the front desk area it's packed! the front desk person is BUSY!! and i couldn't believe she was the only one there...to do everything...answer phones, check guest in, handle all the problems no one with her not even maintenance or house keeping!!!!! When i asked her if someone called in she said no. So of course her being left alone there was no way our problems would be solved until the next day.
As a manager of a business I know what it takes to run a business successfully you need to be there for each other not blaming each other! I think the management is lacking!! There doesn't seem to be a lot of team work and no one smiled during our stay.
so many of the amenities were out...
Fitness room treadmill didn't work
Breakfast items were out of stock
Hot tub was out of order
Free wifi was non existent.
Soda machine took our money.
I think my friend got this place confused with some where else because this wasn't not what I was expecting. Oh and when I went to check out they charged me for the crib and the rollaway!!! an extra $40 for their mistake....it took some explaining and about 15 minutes to get that charge off.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Ruidoso Inn? Share your experiences!