“Overall great stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge at Sierra Blanca

You added The Lodge at Sierra Blanca to your Saves list
The Lodge at Sierra Blanca
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   107 Sierra Blanca Drive, Ruidoso, NM 88345 (Formerly Hawthorn Suites)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Ruidoso
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Overall great stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was very nice. It took a little whole to get someone at the front desk at check in, but I think most of the employees were working the Octoberfest event. Room was very nice. Would definitely stay there again and recommend to friends. Hopefully next time we will be able to stay for more than one night.

• Stayed October 2012
LodgeAtSierraBlanca, General Manager at The Lodge at Sierra Blanca, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for the review of your recent stay at the Lodge. We appreciate the nice comments. Hope you can return soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Ruidoso, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We arrived at Lodge at at Sierra Blanca, our room was ready and we had a view of the golf course (rm 217). We went exploring around the hotel and found a message room. Patty booked us on the spot and boy did she blow us away. She worked knots out I didn't know I had. I love to workout and she showed me great stretches to get warmed up. She is very professional and you can tell she knows and loves her craft. She has a little ball of heaven in those hands.
If you are ever in the area look her up and book a massage with Patty @ 5759372304. The prices are reasonable: 1 hr is $75 from 9am-5pm, mon-sat; after hours begin at $90 til 8 pm; after 8pm prices begin at $110.
The free breakfast was great...a little something for everyone. I recommend a stay if you want peace, relaxation, and great hospitality. We will def come again and i can't wait to utilize Patty's great skills again. I don't play golf but our view of the golf course showed it was very popular so be advised those room does get the golf corse and patio noise. With the tv on the noise is easily drowned out. And if its winter I'm sure not many ppl will be on the golf course or patio. Bottom line great location, 10 into town and great stay for the price. What are you waiting for book your stay NOW!!?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review and your positive comments. Sounds like you had a very relaxing experience. I've shared your great massage comments with our massage therapist, Patti. Hope you can return to Ruidoso and The Lodge again soon!
Mayhill, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Arrived and was put in a 'non-smoking' room that smelled strongly of smoke. It was also dirty and the phone didn't work. Changed rooms and it was also dirty with paint peeling and bubbling up around the fittings in the bathroom. Front desk staff seemed unfriendly. The 'full on' breakfast was awful...old, cold and the serving and eating areas hadn't been cleaned for who knows how long. Very disappointing and expensive compared to the likes of Holiday Inn Express in the same town at a fraction of the price. Tried several times to get a response from Customer Services after the stay (it was my wife's birthday treat so I didn't want to make a fuss there at the time - it was already bad enough!) but as yet no reply.

Room Tip: Avoid - use the newer Hotels, save money and get better quality.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for the review of your recent stay. We appreciate comments whether good or bad since it helps us always strive to improve our customer service and physical property. However, this really doesn't sound like our hotel. If it is indeed The Lodge you've reviewed, I would like to learn more about your experience. Please feel free to contact me directly at 575-258-5500 for a solution. Steve Tally, General Manager
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Travelin' jack here....back again to one of New Mexico's premier mountain resorts in Ruidoso NM. This is a return visit for me..but my 1st summertime visit, so I'm ready to see this place dressed in green! And another fabulous get-away it was! From fabulous and comfy rooms with a View to a hot and very tasty breakfast on the veranda, this pet friendly resort is ideal for the pup and his person! A dog park located directly behind the Lodge makes for an added bonus to this nice hotel. Each room has a patio or veranda where a dog can take in the fresh mountain air and the lovely views. The lobby and the outside Veranda offer up warm crackly fires to toast a pup's toes by.....and LOTS of nice green lawn to wander and roam about! PAWfect for any pup! This resort gets Travelin' Jack's 5 PAWS review in both summer and winter!

Room Tip: Request a balcony or patio room facing the mountain! ALWAYS reserve a PET FRIENDLY room in advance...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Great to hear comments from Travelin' Jack. We've read your dog blog and always get a kick out of your travel stories. We are glad to hear about your pet friendly stay at The Lodge at Sierra Blanca! Happy travels!
Clovis, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed at the Lodge in conjunction with a Conference at the Convention Center next door. My room was on the first floor but away from the lobby (114). Everything worked in the room. It was nice to have a refrigerator and microwave. I had no problem with the Front Desk staff when checking in. The lady was very pleasant and told me that she had a "quiet" room on the first floor. I didn't notice any dirt in the room or stained or beat up furnishings. Everything was fine.

The breakfast to order was a plus compared to the Continental Breakfast at many motels. It would have been nice to have a restaurant in the hotel but there are plenty of good places to eat nearby. All in all it was a very nice place to stay. I'll be back with my family.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the comments on your recent stay at The Lodge. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities and the full breakfast. Now that you've experienced a conference stay, we would like to have you come back and bring your family for a pleasure trip!
Alamogordo, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I planned this trip for my wife and I for our 7th anniversary and my expectations were high for this property based on the TripAdvisor reviews but I found it to be marginal at best. We stayed in a King Suite for the night and the pro's were the fireplace, the whirlpool tub, the WiFi which was good, and the comfortable bed. The con's of this property were the desk service which was awful, I felt like I was imposing upon the staff's time also I had emailed the hotel requesting information about their "falling in loveagain" suite which was never answered, the dated and aging rooms, appliances (the coffee maker burner had peeling paint and hard water buildup) and poor lighting throughout especially where my wife was applying her makeup. For the room price I expected a much better level of service and amenities but they were not to be had at this property. A definite no-go for any further trips to Ruidoso. I'll stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: The third floor rooms tend to be quieter especially on the weekends when the there is loud music at...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Lodge. I see that we failed in a couple of customer service areas prior to and during your stay. An aging coffee maker is an easily replaced item. I'll take a look at the vanity lighting to see if there is an easily achievable solution for more makeup lighting. If you would like information about our new Fallinginloveagain Suite, please contact me directly at steve.tally@lodgeatsierrablanca.com.
Canyon, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I stay at least 5 nights every July and have for the past 6 years. The service is the best I have ever gotten anywhere. I ask for the same room every trip and they try really hard to make that happen. We stay in their King Suite and it has a fireplace, a full kitchen with microwave, and an amazing view from the private patio. The grounds are just beautful and the view of The Links Golf Course is amazing. We love the walking trail that surrounds the Lodge. It is a super way to work off the full breakfast that is served by their Chef, Alfredo. We love to golf so we can just walk out the door of the Lodge to the Club House and we are on the golf course in a matter of just a few minutes or we can just go hit a bucket of balls. It is a short drive from all of the Ruidoso attractions but we love how private and quiet it is. They have a large swimming pool in addition to a hot tub that is well maintained. There is a also a fire pit on the large patio to enjoy. We love to stay here and the views are always breathtaking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
LodgeAtSierraBlanca, General Manager at The Lodge at Sierra Blanca, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for the review of your recent stay at the Lodge (we may have to use it as a referral!). I see that you have a favorite room picked out, but on your next stay you may want to try our newly refurbished "Falling In Loveagain" suite; named after an All-American Futurity winning racehorse. Come and see us again soon!

Been to The Lodge at Sierra Blanca? Share your experiences!