“Overall - Good Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge at Sierra Blanca

Save Saved
You added The Lodge at Sierra Blanca to your Saves list
The Lodge at Sierra Blanca
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   107 Sierra Blanca Drive, Ruidoso, NM 88345 (Formerly Hawthorn Suites)   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
Fabulous Fall Savings
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Ruidoso
Clovis, NM
“Overall - Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed at the Lodge in conjunction with a Conference at the Convention Center next door. My room was on the first floor but away from the lobby (114). Everything worked in the room. It was nice to have a refrigerator and microwave. I had no problem with the Front Desk staff when checking in. The lady was very pleasant and told me that she had a "quiet" room on the first floor. I didn't notice any dirt in the room or stained or beat up furnishings. Everything was fine.

The breakfast to order was a plus compared to the Continental Breakfast at many motels. It would have been nice to have a restaurant in the hotel but there are plenty of good places to eat nearby. All in all it was a very nice place to stay. I'll be back with my family.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
LodgeAtSierraBlanca, General Manager at The Lodge at Sierra Blanca, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for the comments on your recent stay at The Lodge. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities and the full breakfast. Now that you've experienced a conference stay, we would like to have you come back and bring your family for a pleasure trip!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Alamogordo, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I planned this trip for my wife and I for our 7th anniversary and my expectations were high for this property based on the TripAdvisor reviews but I found it to be marginal at best. We stayed in a King Suite for the night and the pro's were the fireplace, the whirlpool tub, the WiFi which was good, and the comfortable bed. The con's of this property were the desk service which was awful, I felt like I was imposing upon the staff's time also I had emailed the hotel requesting information about their "falling in loveagain" suite which was never answered, the dated and aging rooms, appliances (the coffee maker burner had peeling paint and hard water buildup) and poor lighting throughout especially where my wife was applying her makeup. For the room price I expected a much better level of service and amenities but they were not to be had at this property. A definite no-go for any further trips to Ruidoso. I'll stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: The third floor rooms tend to be quieter especially on the weekends when the there is loud music at...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Lodge. I see that we failed in a couple of customer service areas prior to and during your stay. An aging coffee maker is an easily replaced item. I'll take a look at the vanity lighting to see if there is an easily achievable solution for more makeup lighting. If you would like information about our new Fallinginloveagain Suite, please contact me directly at steve.tally@lodgeatsierrablanca.com.
Canyon, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I stay at least 5 nights every July and have for the past 6 years. The service is the best I have ever gotten anywhere. I ask for the same room every trip and they try really hard to make that happen. We stay in their King Suite and it has a fireplace, a full kitchen with microwave, and an amazing view from the private patio. The grounds are just beautful and the view of The Links Golf Course is amazing. We love the walking trail that surrounds the Lodge. It is a super way to work off the full breakfast that is served by their Chef, Alfredo. We love to golf so we can just walk out the door of the Lodge to the Club House and we are on the golf course in a matter of just a few minutes or we can just go hit a bucket of balls. It is a short drive from all of the Ruidoso attractions but we love how private and quiet it is. They have a large swimming pool in addition to a hot tub that is well maintained. There is a also a fire pit on the large patio to enjoy. We love to stay here and the views are always breathtaking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
LodgeAtSierraBlanca, General Manager at The Lodge at Sierra Blanca, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for the review of your recent stay at the Lodge (we may have to use it as a referral!). I see that you have a favorite room picked out, but on your next stay you may want to try our newly refurbished "Falling In Loveagain" suite; named after an All-American Futurity winning racehorse. Come and see us again soon!
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We enjoyed staying at this lodge while our cabin was occupied during Feb 2012. Our dog is very important to our family so he was along for the trip. The lodge allowed him to stay for a 50.00 fee which we were happy to pay. The rooms have a microwave and refridge, but other than that kind of plain rooms. There is an indoor poor that looked nice. We spent some time in the lounge that has an area for the family plus adult beverages and large tv's to watch games. Liked how the main area lead to the walking trails and dog park. The is a small firepit outdoors to warm up on chilly evenings! We thought great for the small price!

Room Tip: Stay away for rooms right by pool area..kind of loud!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for you belated review, I notice it was in February. I'm glad to hear your dog enjoyed his stay and his experience at the dog park located just about a block from the hotel. Our paved outdoor walking / jogging path surrounds the hotel and the adjacent Links at Sierra Blanca golf course, as you noticed, and dogs are welcome to accompany their owners on the path. Come stay with us again soon!
Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I spent four nights at the lodge and my experience was incredible. We stayed in the King Sweet, it has a cozy fire place, a kitchen, and a nice patio with an amazing view. I loved watching the golfers play in the morning while sitting in the back patio and the hot tub is large and very relaxing. The omelets are made right in front of you and are scrumptious! The staff is genuinely friendly and helpful with information on things to do in Ruidoso. My favorite part was just walking into The Lodge, it is beautiful!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at the Lodge. We appreciate your many comments & compliments and we're especially happy that you had a great vacation experience!
Hobbs, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My family traveled to Ruidoso, NM, in July and had a wonderful stay at The Lodge at Sierra Blanca! The staff was friendly and accommodating, the room was simply amazing, and the view was spectacular! Our room had a full kitchen and living area, a balcony perfect for sipping early morning coffee and a huge bathroom. We cannot wait for another opportunity to stay at this wonderful hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and comments about your stay at The Lodge. It's refreshing to hear that you had a great stay. Sometimes it is the simplest things like enjoying early morning coffee on your balcony that makes a great vacation. We hope you can return and stay with us often!
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The Lodge at Sierra Blanca reminds me of the Inn of the Mountain Gods, but with better service. The receptionist that I booked my room with was a joy to speak with (Linda). She was extremely helpful and courteous. We stayed in the executive suite. It had two bedrooms, a huge bathroom, a living room, and a full kitchen. We went swimming, and thoroughly enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The breakfast buffet was very good. They even have an omelet bar. Alfredo the chef did a great job making the omelets. Its a two or three minute drive from the Ruidoso strip. I highly recommend The Lodge.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
LodgeAtSierraBlanca, General Manager at The Lodge at Sierra Blanca, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for the review of your recent stay and for the great comments. I have shared your compliments of our staff; Lynda and Alfredo say "thanks" for the compliments. We are thrilled that you had a great experience at the Lodge. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to The Lodge at Sierra Blanca? Share your experiences!