“Good Value” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lubbock, Texas
“Good Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed for two nights while playing golf nearby. The room was clean, except the carpet needed replacing not just cleaning. King-size bed was firm. Why are they using small square feather pillows? Bathroom was clean, air-conditioner could have used some Freon. Free breakfast was okay. Coffee not very good. Management staff was friendly and helpful to find restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor to avoid noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Paaru, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Midtown, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We value all guest input. All of the room carpet was changed with new carpet at the end of 2012. The pillows are according to franchise brand standard. Our franchise has changed the pillow standard with two types of pillows. We will have both soft and firm pillows on our beds. That standard becomes effective on Jan 1, 2014. Our AC units are serviced two times per year for preventive maintenance plan. Our coffee is also provided as outlined in our franchise brand standard. We are not allowed to offer a different brand so we have consitency across all choice hotels. The current brand standard calls for Royal Cup brand coffee. We often get positive reviews on the coffee but coffee taste varies among our customers. Once again thank you for your feedback and staying at our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Covington, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was a great motel the room was big vary clean bath same.Big new bed & flat screen TV.Breakfast was good the lady at the front desk was vary friendly. All shops & food just up the street.If you are a smoker their is no smoking outside you have to smoke in your car or the bus in town.great stay

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Paaru, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Midtown, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
We want to thank you for the feedback and the great compliments. Our staff's goal is to make every guest exeperience at our hotel as best as possible. Our location does provide a unique oppurtunity for guests to walk from the hotel to various shops, restaurants, galleries, and lounges. We want to clarify the smoking ban is temporary and is imposed by the city and the forest service. It is not a hotel policy to be not able to smoke outside in a designated area. Due to the dry summer so far the forrest services and the city imposes a fire ban outside. This changes on a regular basis depending on the climate. We do have designated smoking area outside the hotel which can be used when there are no restrictions by the city and the forrest service. Thanks again for the feedback and positve comments.
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I am a Choice Hotels Diamond Member which means that I travel quite a lot for business in one year. In order to achieve Diamond status a member must stay at Choice Hotels at least 40 times per year, however I average over 100 hotel stays per year. This means that I am pretty savvy when it comes to hotels.

I have to say that the Comfort Inn Midtown in Ruidoso, NM has come a long way. I remember not three years ago this hotel was average. They had what appeared to be dated furniture, filthy carpet, and so so beds and bedding. Today this hotel is quite nice, refurnished and clean. I have to say that I like the new dark wood furniture with granite tops as well as the new beds. I especially like the bedding because the heavy thick comforter is gone and replaced with a lighter yet pleasant bed spread. I don't feel like I'm under a ton of bricks like I did with the older heavy comforter.

The staff is very friendly and accommodating. For example I called the front desk one time to ask if they had toothpaste because I forgot mine. The desk agent said that they did and I said that I would be down in about ten minutes to pick some up. To my surprise the desk agent brought the toothpaste to me so that I wouldn't have to go down stairs. That was cool, I thought.
Another time I made a reservation late in the day. Late enough that the online reservation stated that it was past the deadline to cancel. I reserved the room anyway. Not ten minutes after I made the reservation, my boss calls me and says that she needs me to leave town and drive across the state to another client site. I called Comfort Inn Midtown to ask if they could cancel my reservation. I didn't expect them too because the deadline had passed. To my surprise they accommodated my request without hesitation. Now that was awesome, I was very happy.

If I could think of one thing that I could change about this hotel it would be the wifi service. 99% of my traveling is for business. I work in the IT Industry and so "Being Connected" is vital to my work. I find it difficult to VPN into the work servers or into a client site with the poor wifi internet service. The recent speed tests range from 500Kbps to about 1.5Mbps. This speed is unacceptable for business clients like myself and this is the only reason that I cannot in good conscience give this hotel a 5 star rating. Fortunately for me, I use my iPhone as a WiFi Hotspot and get around 3Mbps which is much faster that the free hotel WiFi.

I would definitely recommend this hotel due to the staff and cleanliness. But the WiFi can use some over hauling.

Room Tip: In the winters its damn cold. Bring lots of layers of clothing. The Skiing in the area is great to...
Green Features: I love the fact that a majority of their rooms are smoke-free and
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Paaru, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Midtown, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for the great detailed review. We value your feedback. I am sorry to hear about the internet problems. We have internet speed of 12 Megs at the hotel. We also have a company that monitors our wi-fi 24-7 for outages on access points. We also have a toll free number that guests can call if they encounter any problems. The toll free number is in the guest services directory in the rooms. The equipment for wi-fi that is installed is commercial grade that can be monitored remotely. We apologize for the wi-fi problems. We will ask our monitoring company to do diagnostics tests on the equipment which they can do remotely. In the future we hope calling the tech support number will resolve any issues with internet that you might encounter.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is a nice place for the price. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. I take a business trip every year and this place is always very busy. The lady that was at the front desk was very courteous and friendly. Although, I felt bad for her beacuse she was still working in the morninig when I checked out. She was still very courteous and friendly. Kudos to her!! The breakfast is quick and easy in the morninigs as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for the positive review. We value every comment from our guests. Our goal is to try to please every guest of our hotel.
Oceanside
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I were exploring the town of Ruidoso and I picked the Comfort Inn based on other Tripadvisor reviews...we were not disappointed! The inn sits on a hill off the highway with a beautiful view of the surrounding area. They have a covered deck with tables and chairs where we had a snack and refreshments...very relaxing after a long drive. The rooms are big, clean and the Inn has a nice free breakfast. There is an inviting indoor pool and spa..an exercise room and friendly staff..The price was only $79...good deal!!

Room Tip: Try to get a third floor..road side with a view of the hills.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Lunas, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great Hotel!!!! We had 2 adults and 4 children on this trip; they gave us a family room which had 2 queen beds and a queen hide-a-bed. The room had a fridge and a microwave. Everything in the room was top notch, very nice! We really enjoyed the heated indoor pool and the hot tub; it was the high light for the kids. The breakfast included in the stay was great also! No complaints at all and I would definitely plan to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Inn with my Husband and Son for one night. We wanted to extend out Ruidoso vacation. I got the reservation on Priceline. When it snows, and over Christmas break, you will just pay premium price no matter where you stay. Our price was about 130.00 for the night. This hotel is great! My husband and I enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub, so pack your suit! My only complaints are that the bed pillows are odd? On the small side. We brought our own, so it was ok. Also, I asked for a roll away bed for my son and they were out. We all crammed into a King Size bed. We made it, but it would have been nice to have the roll away, So.....make sure you ask for a roll away as early as possible! Our bathtub was cracked too and it leaked. The breakfast is fine. The staff is very friendly. It is clean. You can walk to shops and reatsurants for this hotel, which is a huge plus. We saw deer outside our window in the morning too. You wont go wrong staying here

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn - Midtown? Share your experiences!