“Horrible food!! Keep on drivin' past this place!” 1 of 5 stars

806 Carrizo Canyon Road, Ruidoso, NM 88345
575-630-0173
Improve this listing
Fort Worth, TX
“Horrible food!! Keep on drivin' past this place!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

The first clue to how bad the Sunflower Cafe was, was when we walked in the door at lunch time and NO ONE was there. We decided to try it anyway. Our order included burgers and a turkey sandwich. My kids (who normally will eat ANY burger) wouldn't eat this one. They said the meat tasted bad. Also, the buns were cold, stale and not cut in half. My turkey sandwich (again not cut in half... cook doesn't seem to have much restaurant knowledge) had a slice of turkey that tasted straight out of the Oscar Meyer package (no wait, not even OM, more like some generic brand) and a slice of cheese that was supposed to be swiss, but was the package cheese you unwrap out of cellophane. I kept thinking, "I could have made this sandwich at home, WAY cheaper and WAY better!" The meal was expensive and couldn't have been much worse. Don't look for this place to be around long.

1 review from our community