“Wow” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas
Activities: Skiing, Dining
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Groomed powder slopes from November to April.
Laredo, Texas, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The view is awesome, visiting this place was a real amazing experience, specially for my 8yr old son. Unfortunately we couldn't take the sky lessons, if you're planning to do so, schedule in advance. Hopefully we can go back this coming winter.

Visited December 2013

Harlingen, Texas
“Gondola Ski Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Great gondola ski lift ride to the top of Sierra Blanca. Very scenic and great information from the staff. Went up there in the summer and even enjoyed the perilous drive up the mountain. Seems you are right on the edge at times. Loved it.

Visited June 2014
Indialantic, Florida
“Downhill mountain biking was awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We rented bikes and rode the downhill trail several times. The trail was fun and the staff was very helpful in giving us pointers and tips on the mountain as we are new to the area. The new gondola was nice and it was a great view on the ride up. Riding the trail for first time and being unfamiliar I ended up falling on one of the switchback turns. Didn't get hurt bad but scraped and bled a little. Fred the medic fixed me right up and was able to provide additional helpful tips and what to watch out for. We did see a few elk but they were skittish and quickly ran off. The vista's are tremendous and you need to stop and take them in. We packed lunch with us and picked one to have lunch. The trails are fairly easy but there are a couple areas that are rocky and you do need to pay attention. You can go as fast or slow as you want. We were lucky in the time we chose to go (week after Memorial weekend) and we practically had the mountain to ourselves. If you like mountain biking I highly recommend giving this downhill a try.

Visited May 2014
Pisa, Italy
5 attraction reviews
“Beautiful scenery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Wild drive up the mountain on a narrow winding road, went in late spring, no snow but beautiful scenery. Rode the gondola up to the top of the mountain quite a site. Resort shows signs of being old , needs a newserious remodel, restrooms in bad shape. Friendly staff. Had a good time. Wild ride back down the mountain road, drive slow.

Visited March 2014
Albuquerque Nm Usa
5 attraction reviews
“Sad ski area”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Showed up after staying for 3 nights at the Inn of the Mountain Gods, owned by the same tribe. I was there on March 20th, during spring break, and the snow was beyond horrible yet they were charging full price (approx. $65) and even when I showed up on a Thursday at 10:30 am there were maybe 50 other cars in the parking lot. Luckily, after about 8 e-mails back and forth with the resort and the Inn of the Mountain Gods staff, I finally got almost 1/2 of the ridiculous $65 lift ticket fee refunded. In short, this is sad mountain design wise and when the snow is low the west side is actually very, very dangerous since the show is sparse and you can wipe out on the gaps, claro. In conclusion, I don't think I have every skiied a worse mountain in my life AND I grew up skiing in Michigan where the hills are horrible.

Visited March 2014

Been to Ski Apache? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Ski Apache, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later