“Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 18 attractions in Ruidoso
Type: Theaters
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: A 514-seat landmark performing arts center near Ruidoso, NM, designed by Antoine Predock featuring a major touring Broadway, dance or musical performance, on the average, every 11 days year round. Four major glass installations by Dale Chihuly. Tours Tue & Thu at 10 a.m.
10 attraction reviews
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

The theater is a beautiful place on the hill for events. We attended during summer vacation in August of 2013. This trip will be attending two event for our 2014 trip. The sound and seating arrangement are good from all locations. Enjoy!!!!

Visited August 2013

Boulder City, Nevada
18 attraction reviews
“A Diamond in the Rough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

One of the most unexpected finds in Lincoln County is the fabulous Spencer Theater out on Highway 220 minutes from Ruidoso, New Mexico. We have gone to several broadway type shows at the theater and have enjoyed every single show. The theater is laid out in an awesome manner and I do not believe there is a bad seat in the house. Compared to other theaters that we frequent (the Smith Center in Las Vegas), all the shows are very reasonably priced.

Occasionally, they host a dinner prior to the show which is reasonably priced. The bars have just about anything you might want to order.

The Spencer Theater is truly a rare gem and we are so thankful that it is just minutes away. Unlike many theaters of its kind, parking is ample and free unless you want to valet park.

Visited February 2014
El Paso, Texas
8 attraction reviews
“The Gem of Ruidoso”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We have been to a few shows at the Spencer Theater and we always enjoy them. It's a smallish theater so there really are no bad seats. If you are attending a show like West Side Story be sure to get a seat in the first row in the balcony. The view is spectacular. They have a fully stocked bar to get a drink before the show and you can pre-order your drinks for the intermission. Then, you just go to the bar and grab your drink without having to wait. The price of tickets is very reasonable and we are looking forward to attending more shows in the future.

Visited March 2014
“Real culture in small-town USA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I went to the Spencer Theater to see the Broadway Revisited show. Not only was it a truly spectacular performance featuring the stars of real broadway shows(Phantom of the Opera for instance), but I got an excellent seat at a fair price since I had reserved ahead of time. I came in the wrong entrance to happen across the roll call booth, but the friendly staff quickly directed me to the place where I could claim my ticket. The bartender not only made me a delicious White Russian, but even offered to have another one waiting for me during intermission! I thought that was a wonderful idea, so I pre-paid for it and she had it on the counter with my name on it when I returned an hour later. The acoustics in the room were incredible and I had a fantastic experience!

Visited November 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 attraction reviews
“excellent venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I attended two performances and thoroughly enjoyed the ambiance, acoustics, and seating. The buffet wasn't particularly tasty; but it was filling and at the theatre site.

Visited September 2013