“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Lodge   |   208 North Eagle Drive, Ruidoso, NM 88345   |
Chaparral, N.M.
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My family's experience at the West Wind Lodge and Condos was wonderful. The rooms were super clean compared to others in the area, and very affordable! Teresa at the front desk was very pleasant to talk too and helped us with our needs in a professional and speedy manor! I would recommend West Winds Lodge and Condos. Del M.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The owners were wonderful so for that I give them A+. But here's the problems: the kitchen in the lodge was incredibly small, with 2 appliances: a microwave too small for a dinner plate and a combo stove top/refrigerator/sink. It looked like a kids play kitchen. The pool was nice however several kids in our group got chemical burns from it, which was by far the worst problem we encountered. Finally, we didn't get the room service that was a part of the lodge service, when we asked a housekeeper who takes the trash out, the fellow said "You can if you have time." We didn't get service for the first 2 days until we let management know. They were nice, however it still wasn't immediately dealt with and they made excuses for the employee who said this. Nice location, nice rooms otherwise.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Midland, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We made our reservation online and then called and spoke with the owners and they were a great help with directions, once we made it to the lodge they had told me they would up grade our room for free as it is the off season.(late march) We had ordered a king bed room only and got a king bed with fireplace and kitchenette both were great. The bed was comfortable and overall the room was great with free wifi too. there was a porch swing outside the room with a indoor pool and hot tub, which we used every day. The location was great one block off of main street shopping and restaurants. I would recommend this place to couples and family or by yourself for business.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sealy, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

West Wind is a family operated lodge. When we arrived, we were taken care of so well by the owner's mother. ( I wished I could remember her name) The condo was very clean and comfortable. I met Tony and he was very friendly and made sure we had everything that we needed. The kids loved the indoor pool and hot tub! I really loved this place because Tony and his family made you feel at home. Him and his mother has to be the nicest people I've ever met. Thanks guys for the vacation! This will be our place to stay when we come back to New Mexico.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I took my three kids here for the night when we came up to enjoy the Winter Park for the day.

This family-based lodge was PERFECT for us. I was traveling without my husband and the "cabin-feel-right-in-the-heart-of-town" made me feel completely safe.

The entire property has been recently renovated and it just as neat and clean as could be.

The owner addressed me by name every time I saw him. He was very hands on and checked to make sure we had everything we needed.

They even offered a significant military discount which was awesome.

I only wish I'd known to bring my own hair dryer and shampoo. These days most places provide these items and I was not prepared.

Would stay here again, anytime!

• Stayed February 2013
Silver City, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here recently for a little anniversary getaway and it was truly a delight. Tony (the proprietor) not only gave us great suggestions for where to eat (Wendell's for a fancy sit down with a lake view, Hall of Flame Burgers, Mountaintop Pizza) but he also helped us pick a great place to go tubing in the snow when we were feeling adventurous. SUPER friendly guy!

The lodge itself has humble yet cozy wood paneled cabin rooms, cable, a heated pool and hot tub (which we loved relaxing in after hiking around in the snow for a few hours), and is about a block from the main downtown street, Sudderth Drive.

We enjoyed walking every night from our room to Hall of Flame Burgers to grab some Blue Bell ice cream. It's that close, my friends. This place is relaxed, cozy, and perfect for a little getaway. True story.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

After arriving at West Wind Lodge I became very sick and felt I should return home.
Tony Mc Alister (owner) came to my room and offered to take me to the hospital. He also made a map for me to get to the hospital myself. Tony is one of the kindness men I’ve ever met. He made my wife and I feel good in our time of need.
I had originally planned on staying at the West Wind Lodge for 4 days. Since I had to leave, Tony credited my account for the remaining 3 days.
I can’t wait to go back and stay at the West Wind Lodge. The place is beautiful and they make you feel at home.
Mike Paine

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are great and you can't beat the location.