This is a fairly pointless review, since I'm sure I will only be saying what many before have done - this lodge is second to none, and the staff went out of their way to ensure our trip was excellent.
Martha, our butler looked after us extremely well and the surprise she organised for our honeymoon was amazing (wont go into detail in case it spoils it for others). Andrew our driver was not only the most incredible game spotter I have ever come across with sight like nothing I have ever seen before, he was also extremely knowledgable and also great value when it came to the African dance off one evening!! Patricia was also hugely welcoming to us and added to our great stay.
The food is unreal, I didn't have to eat for 2 days after I left...with wake up flapjacks, then mid-drive snack, breakfast, lunch, afternoon cake, mid-drive snack again, dinner...I think I put on about 10kg...and the food was great quality.
I could probably go on for a while but I won't and just say that in terms of quality game viewing, I saw all the big 5 plus cheetah and feeding lions within the first drive! And was then greeted home by baboons drinking from my pool....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the fork of the Sand and Mabrak Rivers, andBeyond Leadwood Lodge offers a cosy and serene getaway completely at peace with the bush that surrounds it. With suites carefully distanced from each other, andBeyond Leadwood is ideal for families or parties of friends who want to share their safari experience without intruding on each other's privacy. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- And Beyond Leadwood Lodge
- &Beyond Leadwood Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- AndBeyond Leadwood Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve