I spent 4 nights at Kirkman's (Feb 2013 ) and had the most wonderful time. Aside from seeing the big 5 continually, was privileged to see the 10 week old baby leopard cubs. Also saw a roaring lion, along with the 3 prides. Night drives were amazing. Food, staff, rangers all top notch. Felt like I was staying with family and as a single traveller, it was wonderful to have people to share meals and drinks with. Highly recommend Kirkman's and will definitely be back, all the way from Canada!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The spirit of safari comes alive at historic Kirkman’s Kamp. Step back in time into the gracious early settler atmosphere of this original 1920s homestead and marvel at the spectacular views of the unspoiled wilderness from each of the 18 guest cottages and the lodge’s rim-flow swimming pool. Rolling lawns carve out a niche in a wild and tumbling wilderness that hosts memorable game viewing in one of the most renowned Big Five wildlife regions in the world. Spacious sitting, dining and bar guest areas contain original mementos of a time long past. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your andBeyond Kirkman's Kamp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kirkman`s Kamp Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- AndBeyond Kirkman's Kamp South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve