This place is amazing! We stayed for 3 nights and within only 3 safaris had seen all big five, and hippos and leopards and giraffe. One day we saw all big five in only a day! Our ranger, Dumay, was very friendly, dedicated, and knowledgable, and made sure we got the most of our game drives. The additional hippo river tour and the bushwalk were also great. I enjoyed going offroad in the jeep to get the best views. The food is delicious, and there's plenty of it, with excellent and friendly service from the butlers. The rooms are great, with really comfy beds, Africology bath products, and the outdoor showers are a nice touch. We also stayed one night in the ivory lodge, and the view of the river (and the elephants drinking from it) here is amazing. This was the best vacation I've ever been on, with just the right amount of excitement and relaxation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned and managed since 1933, this International Award Winning private game reserve is located in the finest territory of the world famous Sabi Sand Game Reserve. It stretches for kilometers along the perennial Sabie River which forms its natural boundary with the Kruger National Park. The land is a place of rarity and carries with it a passion which can only be instilled by a great family history. Lion Sands has three different Lodges, Lion Sands River Lodge; Lion Sands Ivory Lodge and Lion Sands 1933, each with their own unique style and experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Lion Sands River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lion Sands River Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Lion Sands River Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve