I started off my safari experience at Lions Sands and immediately feared I may have made the mistake I always try to avoid by booking the best property of my trip first and having every subsequent one pale in comparison! Lion Sands is truly one of the nicest lodges in all of Kruger, fully deserving of its Virtuoso designation. The service was first rate; the staff’s vocabulary does not include the word “no.” I had a fantastic massage, facial, manicure and pedicure in an outdoor spa surrounded by gorgeous views all around. The rooms are all appointed with indigenous African décor that made us feel as though we were royal guests. The food was absolutely delicious. We enjoyed after dinner drinks every evening in the main lodge, lounging on comfortable couches, listening to music with a fire roaring in the hearth. Lion Sands’ game drives were spectacular! We saw the big 5 on our very first drive and there were plenty of elephants, giraffes, lions, buffaloes, and our favorite – baboons – to see on every drive. We went on drives twice daily in great open-air Land Rovers with wonderful guides and trackers. We stopped in the bush for appetizers with a full bar served on tables with tablecloths. Time stood still under the most incredible sunsets. Thankfully, we were not disappointed, as I had feared, by any of the properties throughout our travels in Africa as each was wonderful in their own unique way, but we will always have the best memories of our starting point, Lion Sands! l am the owner and CEO of a multi-location Virtuoso Travel Agency and will whole-heartedly recommend Lion Sands to travelers to South Africa as the ultimate authentic luxury safari experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned since 1933, this international award winning private game reserve spans across the world famous Sabi Sand Game Reserve and Kruger National Park. Lion Sands has four lodges; Lion Sands Ivory Lodge & Lion Sands River Lodge (Sabi Sand) and Lion Sands Tinga Lodge & Lion Sands Narina Lodge (Kruger Park). Each has a unique style, but is a reflection of Lion Sands' five-star signature of sophisticated interiors, unique experiences and service excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Lion Sands River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lion Sands River Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Lion Sands River Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve