Me and my girlfriend stayed at Elephant Plains while we were visiting Kruger national park in December 2011. The resort is one of kind and is in the middle of wilderness. We stayed in their honeymoon suite and it was a great experience. It is part of the main resort but it's still secluded from the rest of it. It has huge deck with small pool and a great view. In fact, very early in the morning we saw a leopard walk by on the deck while we were inside the room.
The staff and rangers at this resort are friendly and knowledgable. Their early mornings and evening safaris are a very exciting experience. Make sure you have your camera with you since you will end up spotting the big 5 during the game drives. Apart from the nice rooms, they have a common patio area with a great view and huge dining area and a nice bar. If you want to enjoy nature in peace and quiet, this is a place to stay. And I must mention their food. It's a combination african and european cuisine and it's delicious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elephant Plains Game Lodge is situated in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, which forms part of the Greater Kruger National Park. This owner-run lodge caters for the discerning traveller, with a variety of accommodation options including 5 Rondavels, 6 Luxury Suites and a Honeymoon Suite. Activities include two daily game drives and a bush walk. The lodge also offers a spa, gym, conference facility / TV room, games room, small library and two swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Elephant Plains Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elephant Plains Game Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Elephant Plains Game Nelspruit
- Elephant Plains Game Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve