My first stay is at Umkumbe Lodge. It is probably the most simple and basic stay you can get in Sabi Sands, but actually my most favorite. It is right between Mala Mala and Sabi Sabi two of the probably most expensive locations in South Africa. Oh and yes, there are no heated toilet seats, but: It’s cool and you will get this wonderful ‘Hatari’ feeling. Jason and Oliver are also doing a great job as rangers there!
Life and daily routine on Safari
5:00: The ranger must die! You are tired, it is dark and actually there is no real reason to wake up so early.
5:30: Throw in some rooibos tea
6:00: Of to the early morning game drive
9:00-10:00: Back for breakfast
10:30-15:30 Roll to the pool and do a little bit of nothing (Bush TV)
16:00: Of to the late afternoon game drive
20:00: Dinner in a boma
21:00 – open end: Fun with other guests fighting the bar resources
...you will love it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Umkumbe Safari Lodge is located in the Sabi Sand Wildtuin, considered by many to be the premier wildlife reserve in South Africa. Located on the banks of the seasonal Sand River, Umkumbe Safari Lodge is perfectly situated in one of the best Big Five game viewing destinations in Africa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Umkumbe Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Umkumbe Safari Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Umkumbe Safari Lodge South Africa/Sabi Sand Game Reserve