“Excellent place to stay!! And PET FRIENDLY!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Roswell
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Excellent place to stay!! And PET FRIENDLY!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a super nice surprise!!! This is a pet friendly hotel which I booked online through the hotels website. Before booking I called the hotel and asked about our pet as she is bigger than what the website says you can have, but the front desk clerk said there was no problem and that they are very pet friendly. The website also states the there is a no refund policy, but the clerk mad a point to tell me to disregard and if our plans changed to just call and they would refund the pre paid room.

The surprise came when we opened up the door to our room, CLEAN NEW CARPET, a Beautiful pillow-top king bed that looked very inviting after our 9hr drive, a large flat screen TV the air conditioning had been turn on to cool our room to the perfect temperature, a new comfortable chair and ottoman to sit on and a enclosed refrigerator freezer as to make sure the room was quiet. The bathroom was very functional, with a separate vanity from the shower and toilet area, lost of hot water and water pressure.

We immediately put our swimsuits on so we could stretch our muscles, the pool was a hotel pool it did need a little work, the railings were loose it smelled of chlorine but the temperature was just right and until it was invaded by teenagers it was great.

The hotel did offer some grass in the back for our dog to play which was very nice.

The breakfast in the morning was GREAT!! Just about everything you could think of, very good coffee which you rarely find in a hotel, sausage patties, egg patties, waffles you could make, fruit, cereal hot or cold, yogurt, juice and much more.

The hotel staff were exceptional, always smiling keeping everything neat and clean asking if there was anything we needed. Just a wonderful place to stay.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

A mixed review for this stop on our road trip. The hotel is OK generally: location, parking, staff, room all acceptable, and the breakfast was fine. One big problem for me was that I woke up in the morning with a dry throat and noticed a strong smell of cigarette smoke in our non-smoking room. I spoke to the staff about it and they agreed that on the same corridor there are several smoking rooms and it can cause a problem for occupants of non-smoking rooms. Such a pity as this problem aside everything was fine, not cheap, but acceptable.

Room Tip: If cigarette smoke bothers you ask for a room away from smoking areas.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tucumcari, NM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Inn on Friday, March 15th, 2013 for a meeting the next morning. I stayed in room 206. The room was a little cramped, but clean and comfortable. I was kept up till about 11pm that night listening to a rock/tejano band playing at the restaurant next door. Complimentary breakfast was good and complete.

Be careful getting into the hot tub! It seems substandard to me, small, a crack around a wobbly handle bar, and the first step in is so steep you can't even see it. That first step in is far too low for me and I'm about 5 ft 7 and long legs. The tub is narrow, only about 3 or 4 feet wide so if you fall all the way in you can hit your head on the opposite edge. Persons with knee problems need to be careful getting in as the first step down is farther than you expect. The pool itself was just fine.

The next morning the housekeeper knocked on the door at 9:30am and was surprised I was still there, for she was told I had checked out. Someone else, according to the front desk, had checked out and given them my room number! I was given someone else's receipt showing my name and someone else's Amex number! So now I wonder if that someone has my Visa number?

Convenient location to the downtown, but then so is every hotel in Roswell. A little too high a price for the accommodations. At least you can use the fitness center at the nearby Hampton Inn because they have the same owner. I'll stay at the Hampton next time.

Room Tip: Demand a correct receipt. Stay on the north side of the building. Careful getting into the hot tub...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sierra Vista
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms very comfortable. Nice breakfast buffet. Good location. Very helpful I'm finding good restaurants. Would definitely stay here again. Prices reasonable. They gave us a room right above the front desk, nice and quiet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Our family stayed here for a night on our way to Las Cruces via White Sands. We were satisfied with our stay. We had a clean room with two queen beds. They had a stuffed chair with ottoman that our 3rd child was able to sleep on. We enjoyed the hot breakfast in the morning before taking off. The staff was very nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Wichita Falls, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We checked in late after a 6 hour drive. The room was clean, but it is apparent that they allow pets. The corners had some remaining pet hair. The bathrooms were very clean - the tub surround was granite - very nice. The beds seemed to have a thick cotton topper, which made the bed stiff, and just not to my taste. Not awful, but it did not suite me. The a/c did not work in our room - since we checked in late, I didn't really give them the opportunity to repair it - so my fault. The breakfast was great! The staff was very attentive- everything was stocked, clean and presented nicely. Nice variety. Over all - we would stay here again. It can always be much worse.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Only stayed here one night while passing through Roswell but it more than met our expectation. Kids enjoyed a late night swim in the indoor pool and the breakfast buffet was definitely acceptable before getting back on the road. Only complaint would be you could hear everything going on out in the hallway and the ac was particularly loud.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!