“unexpected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Roswell
Kanab, Utah
“unexpected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

AWESOME front desk help, directions, what places delivered food, etc. Ended up in ER on 2nd day w/kidney stones. GREAT staff helped with whatever we needed, inquired later about my health, NICE folks.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

vbcb95, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Roswell, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
We couldn't be happier to offer such caring and efficient service. Thank you for posting a review for us. We hope recovery has been quick for you! Thanks again.

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was the perfect price and location on our way west. Had a very retro feel, with modern upgrades. If you're into the it's retro feel, you have to check this place out! Clean pool, normal hot breakfast fare and clean rooms. Was not in the center of town, but the Alien Museum and the awesome Big D's diner were easily accessible.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to complete a review for us! We appreciate your business greatly !

See you next time,

Scottsboro, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I am a Choice Privileges member, so upon approaching Roswell, looked up local motels, and this one was most economical so off i go. I was pleasantly surprised that it was much newer looking than I had expected based on the price. My room was very large enough room for a family member to move large powered wheel chair around if he had been with me (a problem we find often is not enough room to get his wheel chair between bed and tv and cabinet stuff). I

Based on the A/c system the facility is older, but all I saw was very clean and newly refurbished looking. The pool is large and they have a laundry facility which I needed after 2 weeks across country.

Big comfortable area for the breakfast which would have satisfied my family (I had just put them all on a plane and was driving home without them) of diverse choices.

Last thing I noticed that sealed my opinion was when I checked out the desk person, whom may have been the owner (??) asked about the stay and then asked "did you see or have any maintenance items we should check?) First time in over 50 years of travels I have been asked about that although I am quick to point out things that should be fixed. I had nothing to report in this case.

LE from SC

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

One of the most awesome reviews I've ever read! Thank you so much for the heart-felt words and honesty. We appreciate your feedback, time and willingness to post this for us. Please let us know the next time we can help you with accommodations in Roswell! Thanks again.

Wichita Falls, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Our stay at this hotel was the 1st time and it was enjoyable. The staff was very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Our room was on the 1st floor at the back of the hotel away from any road noise so it was very quiet. Our entrance and window faced the court yard and pool which provided a nice peaceful setting. Our air conditioner was in the back wall which was unusual but great being not as loud as the ones that are normally under the window at the entrance. The room also had a petition wall leading to the bathroom which provided more privacy and blocked the view of the air conditioner from the bed area. Every thing worked fine and was very clean. The carpet looked a little dated but that was not a problem. We also noted that the hotel had several barbecue grills set around the courtyard for customers to use that was a nice amenity. Over all we liked our room and had an excellent stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

vbcb95, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Roswell, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words and detailed review! We sincerely appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We hope your entire stay in Roswell was a time to remember. We'll see you next time!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stayed for three nights. Our reservation was for a king bed, but they said they didn't have them when we got there. Ended up with two queens. Made the room a little cramped compared to what the king room was supposed to have. The A/C struggled the whole time we were there. I had to use an ink pen to keep the A/C vents pointed up and into the room. The room was clean and neat. Had a fridge and microwave. Pleanty of hot water. The extrior grounds are well maintained and look nice. Only thing that disapointed me was not getting the king room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
vbcb95, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Roswell, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for your valued feedback. We appreciate you choosing us and hope you give us another opportunity to provide superior service to you.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel you get what you pay for & then some. We booked a room straight off their website and received a good price after finally locating the hotel (on the outskirts of the town), got our room and the story starts. The air conditioning was not working, upon complaining they moved us to another room - while laying on the bed we had a spider (at least the size of a silver dollar) crawl up next to my arm. At this point we were moving - asked for a refund and they refused - all we can stay at your own risk!

• Stayed June 2014
vbcb95, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Roswell, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, we can only do so much to stop the spiders and I assure you we do all things possible to keep the bugs outside. It is unfortunate that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We welcome you to give us another chance. Thanks again!

Crosby, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed here based on previous reviews during a long road trip last week. I never intended to stay in Roswell, it just worked out that way. They allowed us to check in early and made sure the room was in good shape when we arrived. A male member of staff offered and then helped me carry my luggage up to the second floor, and I was too tired to remember his name! The hot breakfast was welcome the next morning to start us out for the rest of our drive. I am currently planning a return to this place for our winter trip with our kids. Our King was great. I will let you know about the two queens later!

Room Tip: Rooms overlook the courtyard, and there is no elevator.