“STAY AWAY” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Roswell

You added Americas Best Value Inn Roswell to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Roswell
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3010 North Main Street, Roswell, NM 88201 (Formerly Frontier Motel)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Roswell
Longmont, Colorado
“STAY AWAY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Do NOT stay here. Sleep in your car instead! I've attached pictures of the THIRD room we were given because the first room was already occupied and the second was locked from the inside. If my reservation hadn't been "you'll be charged, no matter what", we WOULD have slept in our car. Per their website: "Step into the privacy and comfort of your own oversized guest room featuring amenities including pillowtop matresses, microwave, mini-fridge, coffeemaker, 46 inch flat panel cable TV, HBO, ESPN, desk with lamp, clock radio, curved shower rods, free local and long distance calls, voice mail, and wakeup service." The mattresses are AWFUL - a very thin pillow top right over the springs (you can feel every one); the fridge was a full-sized at least 30 years old (see the plug), no coffee maker, no desk, no clock...not sure there was a phone, either.
Within an hour of checking in, I was emailing Americas Best corporate office. They contacted me 2 days later asking for time for the property owner to deal with this. That was 3 days ago. We checked out 5 days ago and haven't heard anything else. I stated to the corporate office that I would give the owner until the end of business on April 30 to contact me. Since he hasn't done so and there's no way to contact the property directly, I'm posting my review for the world to see so they can make an informed decision about staying somewhere safe. Please, please, check out the pictures here before you book this hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I guess I got what I paid for. I booked this place through Hotels.com. I show up and there is no one there in the office. There are papers everywhere like someone might be here but nope empty.

I then find a handwritten note saying be back by 4pm. I look at my watch and it 3:45, no problem I'll wait. 4:20 rolls around and no one still. While I was waiting I observed the state the hotel was in and saw most of the outside electrical was out of control and just patched together.

I then called hotels.com to figure out what to do. They tried to call and get ahold of someone but couldn't. At the end of it I was placed down the street at the best western.

My advise, spend the extra money and book somewhere else.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Jorpeland, Norway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked a room here because it was cheaper than most. I assumed it was probably because it was located in a less desirable area. But when I arrived and saw a lot of hotels (at twice the price) located on the same street, I figured it was probably not as good as some reviews claimed.

First of all, I booked a King Bed Room. I then was given room with 2 Twin Beds. No one cared to mention this during checkin. Old TV with terrible analog reception, and a dirty fridge. The room was dirty and there were old spots (of unknown origin) in the bathroom. The shower head was disgusting.

The room across from mine reeked of marijuana, as the guests deicided to keep the door open (probably in an effort to get rid of the smell). I woke up at 6 AM by some really noisy guest rambling in Spanish. Did not try the breakfast as I could see it was just a downscaled version of what other cheap motels offer. No one to check me out, only I sign saying to leave the key card on the desk. I threw it on there and left quickly.

I did not feel it was a dangerous place though, as I'm capable of taking care of myself. And the patrons seemed harmless, only noise and annoying. But it's not somewhere to bring your kids.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Columbia, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2015

Desk clerk friendly. Downhill from there. Room 138 had most of the amenities: decent free wi-fi, flats creen TV, microwave, fridge. No hair dryer. Beds comfortable with clean linens.
But: cloying air freshener smell; 6" diameter hole in wall from door handle hitting it hard; needed painting; grout on wall switch in bathroom; tub spigot hanging loose and tub very slow draining. Carpet looked unclean; mat outside room door, and others we could see) had dirt, trash, cigarette butts on them
We did not want to try the continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Get a room in a different motel
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2015

We stayed here one night just passing through. It was the cheapest motel I could find in Roswell so I didn't expect much. The outside of the motel is ok, there is work being done so I do believe they are working on improving it. The front desk staff was friendly enough. We stayed in room 130. At first glance it was nice, seemed to be newly painted, nice bed, nice pillows, flat screen tv but upon closer inspection it was pretty bad. The table in the room was completely broken, if you set a water bottle on it, it would roll right off. There were holes in the walls, the lighting fixture had tons of dead bugs in it, near the bathroom there was a faint raw sewage smell. When you sat on the toilet it rocked back and forth which was kinda scary and probably the reason for the sewage smell and the shower was really filthy. Also, this is not really the motels fault but because it is so cheap it seemed to attract some really seedy looking people. They did provide breakfast but i would go early because all that was left when we stopped in was waffles and cereal. So,if you're just a single guy passing through it's probably fine but if you're a family with young kids or need to stay somewhere multiple days, move along.

• Stayed February 2015
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

This place is always getting upgraded from last few years. I visit every quater this place adn they always impress with me by doing constant upgrade to there rooms. Look like they have changed paint then interior Decor then carpet then furniture then TV last summer they upgrade the pool.

What is next coming I am excited to visit early next year to see what they are planning to upgrade to keep my corporate business with them forever and ever.

Room Tip: Pick anyroom request for non smoking if you are not smoker
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2014

the room itself was Ok,, 2 nice Queen sized bed they were comfortable..No Ice machines were working, very very minimum breakfast..the bathroom was extremely OUTDATED..fridge worked fine and so did the microwave.but the price was right and location good,,might consider staying there again

Room Tip: be sure to ask for a room far from MAIN STREET,,,
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Roswell? Share your experiences!