“HOT Suite” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Roswell
Soldotna, Alaska
“HOT Suite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I attended a recent HS class reunion which used the facilities at the Salley Port as well as offered rooms at fixed and reasonable rates. I had one of the listed suites. These rooms are large rooms that were remodeled, having a separate sleeping area from the living area. I found them to be quite nice, clean, and well equiped, but very warm. I believe that this was once a Holiday Inn, and though there have been some very nice upgrades, most of the rooms still have the old AC units.

I called down and informed the desk that when I had arrived the AC was off, and after 4 hours of on, it was still about 80 degrees. I was told that was the way the suites were. I asked for a fan and was told that there were none. So I requested someone to look at the AC unit. The maintenance man repeated the basics I had already heard and added that the suites were extra warm as the separate sleeping area did not get much of the cooled air into them. I told him that I had asked for a fan but there were none. He told me to hold on and he soon returned with a 'box' fan. Between that and a break in the weather, the room was soon cool and comfortable.

Other than that, I found the location to be very convienient, the service excellent, and the breakfast very good, with waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, and all the usual rolls, doughnuts. bagels, etc. Great coffee and juice.

Room Tip: If visiting Roswell during hot weather, choose an inside room, perferably on the ground floor. Much...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Robert L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sally Port Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Thank you for completing the tripadvisor survey regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Plus Sally Port Inn & Suites. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We have addressed your concerns with your room A/C with are engineering department team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. R.Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Westminster, Co
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The place was clean, the staff was nice, the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good except they keep the breakfast rooms VERY cold and you have to ask for water if you want it. The swimming pool is also VERY cold- we went to the Raquet Club instead. We had a room where the window faced the pool and event area and we really missed having the sun shine in in the mornings.

Room Tip: Request exterior
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your tripadvior reponse regarding your visit at the Best Western Plus Sally Port Inn & Suites. I pleased your stay was comfortable and clean and please call me ahead next time your in Roswell and I will get you a exterior room on the west side for the sunrise. Robert Lee/General Manager #575-622-6430
Missouri City, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The room was nice, clean, and well equipped with working electronics. However, the morning shift staff were rude and not willing to assist. When asked for some extra towels she stated, "I can only give you two." During breakfast time we had three people in the room and when we gave the staff member the ticket we asked were we able to take the third person something back. She said yes; however, when we got ready to make there plate another staff member walked over and asked the other staff member, "Didn't they already go through the line?" That is rude and very unprofessional. As a visitor from another state and knowing that will be coming back to Roswell due to a family members education I don't think I will chose this motel again. No matter what things look like CUSTOMER SERVICE goes a long way.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Robert L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sally Port Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for completing the TripAdvisor survey regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Plus Sally Port Inn & Suites. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. Robert Lee
Blue Springs, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I am in town a few times for business and the stay has been wonderful. Full breakfast, clean rooms, nice location and wonderful staff! I would like to mention an experience that I had early in August. I was so busy in the business center, got a call, walked out, went to a meeting in Roswell, drove to Albuquerque to stay the night so I could fly out the next morning. I HAD NO LUGGAGE! In a panic I called the Best Western and they said they had it, asked if I could call in the morning when the manager Robert got in. While I was at the airport the following morning I called Robert and he was the BEST! Great customer service and went over and beyond. He mailed me my small luggage that same day to my house and I had it within a few days. What service! Thank you Robert, I will for sure stay at your hotel when I am in town again!

Room Tip: Ask for the ground floor if you do not want to take the stairs. There is no elevator, this did not...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Robert L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sally Port Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future to the Best Western Plus Sally Port Inn & Suites. Thank you for sharing your story. Travel safe. Robert Lee, GM
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We had an excellent stay at this hotel. The room was clean,neat and quiet. It was nice to have a bar right in the hotel after a long drive to get an adult beverage. We both slept well which is normally rough for the first night in a hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sally Port Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
I am delighted to learn you had a wonderful stay with us and our staff was able to provide you with excellent service. We thank you for being a loyal guest of the Best Western Plus Sally Port Inn & Suites and look forward to you next stay with us. Respectfully, Robert Lee, General Manager
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We arrived in Roswell after spending several hours at Guadalupe Mountains National Park. We were hot and tired and ready to relax. At check in we were given a room on the second floor (NO ELEVATOR) and quickly had it changed to a room on the ground floor. We were not yet ready to kick back and relax. The AC in that room was out, so, it was changed again. The one plus for this check-in experience was that the desk clerk readily accommodated our needed changes promptly and with a smile.
The pool felt great, the beds were comfortable and the breakfast the next morning was good. We were happy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your response regarding your visit to the Best Western Plus Sally Port Inn & Suites. I am so glad it work out and I have addressed the A/C problem with are engineering team. Have a fun trip and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Respectfully, Robert Lee, GM
Las Cruces, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The hotel is older; however, older hotels typically have larger rooms as this one does. So, roominess is a plus. The beds and decor are good and comfortable. Full breakfast is a plus with eggs & meat. They need more chairs in the breakfast area; our group had a table, but chairs were taken by others. My kids enjoyed the pool. The place is fine.

The hotel is conveniently located to everything in town just north of NM Military Accademy on Main street. The price was reasonable considering other hotels in Roswell. I've stayed before and will again.

Room Tip: Rooms in Roswell and SE NM tend to be pricey; oil business and oil field service companies book a lo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your patronage and thank you for your comments concerning your stay. We pride ourselves on being a fun and unique stop in Roswell, NM. "Tell we meet again". Respectfully, Robert Lee, GM

Been to BEST WESTERN Sally Port Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!