“Elegant and Super Clean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Club Bed and Breakfast

Country Club Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Roswell
Country Club Bed and Breakfast
You added Country Club Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
400 East Country Club, Roswell, NM 88201   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Roswell B&B and Inns
new york city
“Elegant and Super Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

We were in Roswell for one night and enjoyed this lovely BandB that was conveniently located and very lovely. Breakfast was very good and homemade to order and the host was friendly and helpful. A perfect alternative to the mediocre hotel choices in town.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2007

Country Club B&B is a very nice Victorian home and has some very charming antiques, stained glass, etc. We had a room on the second floor in the front on the turret side, which also had a spiral staircase up to a second bed at the attic level. The room was very charming, appeared to be clean, and the bed was quite comfortable.

HOWEVER... the ad on the website stated that a full breakfast was included: but not only did we never get a full breakfast, we never saw one manager or owner or employee on the property the entire time we were there, which was four days. I was told on the phone that there may or may not be full breakfast every day because of the festival. That was disappointing, but arguably understandable under the circumstances; however, I did not expect to be totally ignored.

Our key was hanging by the door as we entered, but with no indication as to which room was ours. When we got upstairs there were no names or numbers of any kind to designate the separate rooms. Fortunately, the manager had described the room and its spiral staircase when I talked with her on the phone, so of the three rooms, we were able to figure it out.

When we got into the room, there was no electricity. And since there was no one there to ask, my husband went hunting for the electrical switch box and reset the breaker for our room. Then, next morning, we noticed that there was only one bath towel hanging in the bathroom. And of course when my husband went downstairs there was no one around to ask so he used the little square bath mat instead. Before we left he went downstairs to see if he could get another towel. Fortunately again, the guy in the room next to ours had been there before and knew the owners, and he showed my husband where the towels were stashed.

The first morning we were there, we even had to make our own coffee, and the automatic drip machine barely worked; it took nearly an hour to brew one pot of coffee.

There was a note on the kitchen counter that explained there were breads in the fridge and cereals on the counter. So much for breakfast. The toaster burned the bread, even on the lightest setting, and didn't pop up the bread either so we had to fish it out and risk burrning ourselves or worse.

Another note on the counter asked the last ones out load to their dishes and start the dishwasher. Wait...what??? They wanted us to do their work for them? Hmmm.

To top it off, never once, in the entire time we were there, did anyone ever come in and freshen our room. Not once. The only reason our bed was made was because I made it myself.

When I am paying $130/night in a town where the average motel room is going for $50 (and included a better breakfast than what I got), I expected a little bit of service. Granted, it was during a festival weekend, and I would have understood that service was less during that time, but certainly NOT non-existent.

If you are looking for a place that has some really cool ambience, and you like Victorian homes and antiques, then this could be an interesting place to visit if you are in the area. But don't expect any service from the manager or owners of this B&B. It appears they've all but forgotten about it. I certainly will never consider this place again because I expect service when I pay for it.

Next time I'll stick to the Best Western.

• Liked — This B&B was a charming home with some interesting aspects, plenty of off-street parking
  • Disliked — Never once saw any employee, manager, or owner on site; no one around to help with problems.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
hammond4757, owner at Country Club Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 19, 2008

Country Club Bed and Breakfast is under new ownership, effective January 1, 2008. The current owners live on the property and are available at all times.

Been to Country Club Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!