“Road trip through New Mexico” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Club Bed and Breakfast

Country Club Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Roswell
Country Club Bed and Breakfast
You added Country Club Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
400 East Country Club, Roswell, NM 88201   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Roswell B&B and Inns
London
“Road trip through New Mexico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

We made a great choice with this B & B which is set in a nice area of town and in a lovely house. The owners were charming and directed us to the nest things to see in town other than the aliens!

We had a lovely room and a very pleasant breakfast.

Room Tip: All room sre excellent no need to pre-select
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

We stayed at the Country Club Bed and Breakfast through Labor Day. It was a great place to stay comfortable, clean and charming. The owners/innkeeper were wonderful hosts with lots of suggestions of places to see and places to dine. Enjoyed breakfast and the chance to visit. If you have never tried a B&B this is great one to try!
We stayed in the Rose room. It was the smaller of the rooms available, (they stay business. So, book early!), it was nice and fit our needs. The only thing I truly missed was a place to hang our clothes. This property does not allow pets, but a dog does live there. It was a nice dog, that was kept separated from the guests. And, it didn't bark all night, ether!
I hope if you have reason to be in or near Roswell you'll try the only B&B in town. Whether you' are there for UFO's, green chilies, or the scenic views. Get a good night's sleep and a great breakfast at The Country Club Bed & Breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

We were a bit taken aback by some of the reviews here on TripAdvisor but when I called to make a reservation, Bea could not have been nicer. I had tried to make an online reservation but for whatever reason her system and my Macintosh didn't get along (this isn't unusual with a Mac computer) so I just called. It was easy enough. She was very accommodating, and since we weren't sure what time we'd get to town she suggested we call when we got closer. As it turned out that wasn't a problem but in a new area you just don't know sometimes about roads and weather. She was very willing to accommodate whatever happened.
We asked about the traffic out front and turns out it leads to the high school--so in the morning and afternoon there are quite a few cars for a short period of time--it didn't bother us in the least. Otherwise it was very quiet, we listened to birds singing outside and the house itself was also quiet. We were the only guests that night; she and her husband and her elderly father live there--we didn't hear a thing.
She gave us all sorts of suggestions for dinner and sightseeing, and talked about the town and surrounding area. We found her to be delightful. Breakfast was delicious and made to order.
The house itself is beautifully done, it's a mix of Victorian and Southwest, done very nicely and with antiques from Bea's mother. The linens were high-quality, the bed was comfortable, everything was spotless--Bea must do nothing but clean. One word of warning (and this is nobody's fault), the bed in the Sage Room has a "tester" like for a canopy (except it's not for a canopy, it's just for design's sake) and my tall husband nearly bonked his head on it. He solved it by hanging his clean socks up there--looked funny but reminded him to duck. I'm of the short variety so it was no problem for me at all.
We'd go back in a heartbeat, we loved it. We travel a lot, we've stayed at many B&Bs, and Country Club is one of the best.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Fullerton, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

We stayed for two nights here with our niece , we had the Sage room and she had the Rose room. The rooms were the usual Valedictorian-ish decor with comfortable beds and were very clean, the owner seemed rather distracted with a relative visiting, but the breakfasts were good, without the overly 'clever' foods one is sometimes subjected to. The house is pretty and well kept. I wish that the owner had told us that there is a full sized bed in the tower of the sage room as it would have been fun to put the niece there. It is pretty typical of B&Bs all around, but to be truthful we will not ever return for two reasons: first of all the bathrooms are beyond tiny, converted closets I would guess, I have been in bigger showers on a sailboat; and secondly the house is right on a highway that has heavy traffic (trucks) all night long, the windows had not been replaced where we were there and we had to drape quilts on the headboard to dampen the considerable noise somewhat. I think if you had a hearing problem and could simply turn off sound this would be a fine place, but no sleep? I can't recommend it.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
new york city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

We were in Roswell for one night and enjoyed this lovely BandB that was conveniently located and very lovely. Breakfast was very good and homemade to order and the host was friendly and helpful. A perfect alternative to the mediocre hotel choices in town.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2007

Country Club B&B is a very nice Victorian home and has some very charming antiques, stained glass, etc. We had a room on the second floor in the front on the turret side, which also had a spiral staircase up to a second bed at the attic level. The room was very charming, appeared to be clean, and the bed was quite comfortable.

HOWEVER... the ad on the website stated that a full breakfast was included: but not only did we never get a full breakfast, we never saw one manager or owner or employee on the property the entire time we were there, which was four days. I was told on the phone that there may or may not be full breakfast every day because of the festival. That was disappointing, but arguably understandable under the circumstances; however, I did not expect to be totally ignored.

Our key was hanging by the door as we entered, but with no indication as to which room was ours. When we got upstairs there were no names or numbers of any kind to designate the separate rooms. Fortunately, the manager had described the room and its spiral staircase when I talked with her on the phone, so of the three rooms, we were able to figure it out.

When we got into the room, there was no electricity. And since there was no one there to ask, my husband went hunting for the electrical switch box and reset the breaker for our room. Then, next morning, we noticed that there was only one bath towel hanging in the bathroom. And of course when my husband went downstairs there was no one around to ask so he used the little square bath mat instead. Before we left he went downstairs to see if he could get another towel. Fortunately again, the guy in the room next to ours had been there before and knew the owners, and he showed my husband where the towels were stashed.

The first morning we were there, we even had to make our own coffee, and the automatic drip machine barely worked; it took nearly an hour to brew one pot of coffee.

There was a note on the kitchen counter that explained there were breads in the fridge and cereals on the counter. So much for breakfast. The toaster burned the bread, even on the lightest setting, and didn't pop up the bread either so we had to fish it out and risk burrning ourselves or worse.

Another note on the counter asked the last ones out load to their dishes and start the dishwasher. Wait...what??? They wanted us to do their work for them? Hmmm.

To top it off, never once, in the entire time we were there, did anyone ever come in and freshen our room. Not once. The only reason our bed was made was because I made it myself.

When I am paying $130/night in a town where the average motel room is going for $50 (and included a better breakfast than what I got), I expected a little bit of service. Granted, it was during a festival weekend, and I would have understood that service was less during that time, but certainly NOT non-existent.

If you are looking for a place that has some really cool ambience, and you like Victorian homes and antiques, then this could be an interesting place to visit if you are in the area. But don't expect any service from the manager or owners of this B&B. It appears they've all but forgotten about it. I certainly will never consider this place again because I expect service when I pay for it.

Next time I'll stick to the Best Western.

• Liked — This B&B was a charming home with some interesting aspects, plenty of off-street parking
  • Disliked — Never once saw any employee, manager, or owner on site; no one around to help with problems.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
hammond4757, owner at Country Club Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 19, 2008

Country Club Bed and Breakfast is under new ownership, effective January 1, 2008. The current owners live on the property and are available at all times.

Been to Country Club Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!