“Decent hotel, not spectacular but not bad either.” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Roswell
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   200 East 19th St, Roswell, NM 88201   |
Ranked #2 of 25 hotels in Roswell
Washington
“Decent hotel, not spectacular but not bad either.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

The lobby of the hotel is very clean and modern, and the desk staff are very friendly, efficient, and do their jobs well. The same can be said for the housekeeping staff - They consistently clean and restocked my room to my satisfaction.

Upon check-in, I noticed that my room was not marked as "no smoking". I opened my door, and while the room stank SLIGHTLY of stale cigarette smoke, it wasn't bad enough that I couldn't stay there. I find it odd that in 2011 there are still hotels that allow smoking, but if that's important to you, this hotel has it.

The lay-out of my room was quite odd. The bathroom consists only of toilet + shower/tub, and the sink is outside the bathroom in front of the door of the room, next to the mini-fridge and microwave. Towels for the sink are located in the bathroom, which repeatedly annoyed me when I needed to dry my hands or my face. Speaking of towels, if you have your own towels, I would recommend bringing them. I have rarely felt hotel towels that were rougher or in worse shape. The only other thing I would mention about the room is that it appeared VERY shoddily constructed. The wardrobe door appeared to be an afterthought, the toilet paper dispenser wasn't properly installed in the wall, the tile work in the bathroom was very poorly installed, the tub was chipped, etc. The fine finishing touches or nicer hotels are lacking here.

The wireless internet was very tough to use, but if you have an Ethernet cable, the wired internet was 10x as fast and works very well. It really exceeded my expectations for "high speed".

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Spicewood, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

Room was very nice, though our room was hot. Like the fact that we could actually open the window and cool it off. Nice/clean bathroom. Mini-fridge & micro were nice. Beds were clean and comfortable and no fear of walking around barefoot. Night desk clerk was extremely personable, friendly, and helpful. Breakfast was probably better earlier. We didn't make it down until 9:00 or so and it was pretty picked over (ran out of fruit). Egg/cheese omlet was ok. Pool area was clean and the pool/spa looked clean to go in, though we didnt because we didn't feel like it. Exercise room was small but ok, more cardio equip than anything and all was working properly. Be sure to stop by Roswell Landing, which was open late even on a week day. Seeing the owner's comb over is worth the trip alone as he looks like something from a UFO....

We just stayed overnight while traveling and it served us very well.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

I believe I stayed here on 3 separate occasions. I would rate it better except for a few things. I'm probably being too picky. The first time I checked in, the clerk(Phillip?) was very nice and professional and the room better than adequate. The second time I checked in, I was not greeted warmly and was treated even colder once the clerk saw I used Priceline to book. This time I was required to leave a credit card for incidentals. I'm not sure why as they do not offer anything that you would have to pay for i.e. room service, restaurant, spa etc. The room not as clean as the first time. There was a feminine hygiene product wrapper in the closet. The third time I checked in was better than the second but not as good as the first. The room: same. They do offer a free hot breakfast that is pretty decent and the lady who runs it is quite nice. Internet is free but insanely slow. Rooms have usual amenities: fridge, micro, coffee, iron etc.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Edison, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

I've been to many free breakfast buffets and this one was one of the best. Not only was the make-it-your-self waffles very, very tasty, but I loved the the strawberry topping and nonfat whipped cream! Plenty of fruit and granola bars too. The room was fine with refridgerator.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
LQmanager, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Roswell, responded to this review, October 23, 2010
We Thank You so much for the wonderful comments regarding your stay here at La Quinta Inn and Suites in Roswell NM. I will pass your comments on to my staff. We hope to see you in the near future and we plan to enhance our existing breakfast even more.
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

Stayed here for one night and found it to be nice. It is newer and conveniently located a block or so off of the main street in Roswell with plenty of restaurants and such around. Staff is friendly and helpful. The free breakfast is good. Strong WiFi. Nice indoor pool and hot tub. Ample parking. 3 floors, interior corridors with elevator. I do have to subtract a point or so for the small room and awkwardness of the bathroom layout. The shower/toilet is located in a tiny little room and the vanity is in the bedroom area, which is odd for a newer place and awkward with several people. But, otherwise I would recommend the place if rates are in the $70s or less. If higher, i'd probably check out the Marriott property on Main.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Vernon,TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

We booked with pricline sitting in the parking lot and got the room for 59.00 a night plus tax.When we made it to the room we went inside and it smelled like someone smoked a carton of cigarattes in there.I called the front desk and asked for another room and they said no promblem and even offered to help move my luggage.The mgr. on duty was very professiional and handled the promblem super fast.I would stay here again in a heartbeat.The breakfst lady(Debra) was very polite and cooks a mean breakfast.......Try it out if you stay in Roswell.....................

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

We made a mistake and had two rooms paid for at this hotel when we only needed one. When we checked in, the hotel manager gave us our first experience of the great customer service at this property by voluntarily cancelling one of the reservations. It set the stage for a very pleasant overnight stay - the rooms were clean and comfortable, the decor in the rooms and throughout the property is lovely, the staff was friendly and helpful. The inn appears to be brand new. General Manager Bob Gutzman helped us when we checked in and was there to greet us again when we checked out - clearly setting a standard of excellence that is reflected throughout the hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
LQmanager, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Roswell, responded to this review, July 23, 2010
Thank You for your review. I was glad to help you out and we look forward to your next visit. I will pass your review on to my staff. I hope you had a safe trip back and please feel free to contact me if we I help in any way with your lodging needs. Bob Gutman

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Roswell? Share your experiences!