“don't get your hopes up” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 117 Restaurants in Roswell
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican, American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Entertaining clients, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Peppers Grill & Bar, known to the locals as "Peppers," has been operating for nearly 20 years. We have built a solid reputation on our outstanding guest service standards, our fresh handmade food, and our friendly atmosphere.
Hurst, Texas
“don't get your hopes up”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stopped by here on my way through town and was not very impressed. The staff isn't the friendliest, the food is mediocre, and the prices are high for what you get. I tried the mexican fried steak and it was very bland. My husband had a burger and even though he ordered it medium, it was dry.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Plano, Texas
“A good choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stopped here during a long road trip as it was easy to spot along the main street. The New Mexico enchiladas were delicious. Although I usually skip the chips, these chips were well-flavored and the salsa was very good. So, this was one of the few times, I've finished off an entire bowl of chips and salsa. The meal was well-priced and the service was excellent too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Roswell NM
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We always enjoy eating at Peppers! The Roe brothers do a wonderful job of making their clientele feel special. We're always warmly greeted. The staff is attentive and well trained. My favorite dishes? Steak or Chicken Au Poivre (oh my goodness wonderful...), or the green enchiladas (perfect!). In good weather, the outside patio provides a nice place for lunch or happy hour with friends. The bar was a great place recently for old friends to gather and sing along to a guitar playing cowboy. These folks care about your dining experience! Whether you're a local or just driving through town, this place is a great spot for a meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Roswell, New Mexico
“Love love love”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

What made this experience so great was our waitress! She help pick our meal ( India fried bread) and everything came out super fast n hot. We always double tip her she's the best

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Monument, Colorado
“Grill OR Bar - Nice Separation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

If you don't like the noisier atmosphere of the bar and grill scene, but like the combination of a good bar in a restaurant atmosphere, this is that place. There is a large restaurant separated completely from the full service bar which also has tables and full menu. I would not have stopped and eaten here from the outside appearance, but when I saw the high rating on Tripadvisor I decided to give it a try. I am glad that I did.

The server was truly professionally trained. She did everything I would expect from a 5 star upscale restaurant, little things that many who are not familiar with professional serving etiquette would perhaps miss, but appreciate none the less.

The menu has a wide variety. There are very few restaurants in America where you can get raspberry sauce on well prepared salmon as well as enchiladas, chicken fried steak, prime rib, sandwiches, and the list goes on. All for a very reasonable price. There is a good reason this is one of the top 10 rated restaurants among nearly 100 in Roswell.

• Visited October 2013