“Great stay, nicest in Roswell” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Roswell
San Antonio, Texas
“Great stay, nicest in Roswell”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This hotel is by far the nicest (newest?) in town. Staff members were very friendly and service-oriented. We ate dinner & breakfast - food was much better than expected! Rooms are clean, nothing fancy, but definitely a good value. Highly recommend.

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
las vegas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed here during the UFO Festival and was very happy with the hotel. After checking out and returning home to another state, I realized I had left my flat iron behind. I had been storing it in a cubby where the hotel hair dryer was located to keep it out of the way when I wasn't using it. We called the hotel and found the customer service lacking. My biggest concern however is that the flat iron has not turned up. I understand I am at fault for leaving it behind. The manager who called confirmed that the room had not been occupied since our check out. She reported staff had not found it. This isn't a piece of jewelry that could have fallen off anywhere or a pair of sunglasses I could have lost somewhere else. It is an expensive flat iron that I took from my house to the hotel. I did my hair at the hotel. I had one small duffel bag that I packed for the weekend which went straight into the room and then straight home. So where did my flat iron go? My guess is home with a staff member. I won't be staying at this chain again if my belongings aren't secure.

• Stayed July 2014
Monica G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roswell, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Heather W,

I am sorry to hear of the troubles you incurred during your recent stay. I have looked into this matter. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. I can be reached at 575-623-3216.
Dry Ridge, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We travel the country and try to stay in Holiday Inn's or Hampton inn. Very disappointed in this one. Our upgraded room deluxe as they called it was not anything special. Had a small love seat area. It was clean. After several calls we could not get the Internet to work. The next morning they did give us a credit of 10.00- whoop whoop! The worst was that the pillows were super hard. Usually they have a few different pillows to choose from. My neck hurt and I did not sleep well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Amart57,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Roswell. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you incurred during your stay. We understand the importance of creating a stay that is comfortable and pleasant. Your review is greatly appreciated and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.
Nogales, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I came here for my son's graduation. The room we stayed in smelled terrible, the smell came from the bathroom. We talked to a worker and said they would do something about it, and didn't. We forgot two expensive suits in the closet, called them the day after, and they said they didn't find them. Called them again later, and kept saying they were not there. Overall the rooms were good looking, but smelled bad, and the staff didn't do anything about it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Joey L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roswell, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Leonardo P.,

Please accept my sincerest apologies regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn in Roswell, NM. We have been trying effortlessly to get in contact with you regarding your lost and found items. Please email me at joey@ambiencehospitality.com so that I can get your items returned to you. I look forward to hearing from you.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

The Holiday Inn is probably the newest hotel in town. I was greeted at the front desk by someone who was apparently in training. He was overseen by another employee and together they did a good job. I had a king suite and it was a nice room. There was a small sofa bed, fridge and microwave. Nice that there are plugs on the table lamps so you can charge your phone. A well though out room. The bathroom is adequate for a motel. Only criticism is that the carpet was already showing wear in the room and the hall. I had breakfast there and it was a buffet. Actually not as good as some free breakfasts I have had at other hotels. But the waitress was excellent and it was nice to have small TVs at the booths. This was fine for a one or two night stay and I would recommend it for that.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Burley, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

The room was really nice, bed was comfortable. Staff was very nice also and very helpful. I asked if I could park the Harley close by so they could keep an eye on it. They said it was no problem for them to do that. The lady who checked us was very helpful in telling us the good sites to see.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed at Holiday Inn during a 2 day business trip in Roswell. Property is on the north end of town but convenient to several new restaurants and retail outlets. Booked a King Suite which afforded a small sleeper sofa, small fridge, and microwave in the room. We initially got a room on the 4th floor only discover that you hear a loud low frequency sound from the AC units on the roof. We requested a room change and got a room on the 3rd floor from which you could hear the wind howling because of poor window insulation. A sympathetic desk clerk finally found us a room on the 2nd floor which turned out to be the best of the three rooms. The room was clean with nice furnishings and came with a 40 inch flat screen TV which made our stay fairly comfortable. We paid an extra $5.00 per person for breakfast where you could choose between buffet of scrambled eggs, sausage or bacon, biscuits and gravy or order a choice of omelets or eggs cooked to order. For the more health conscious, you could help yourself to the breakfast bar that offered cereals, fresh fruit, yogurts, and various types of muffins. We found the waitress to be very friendly and prompt to take our orders. We did not get a chance to get in the pool which is tucked in close to hotel lobby and seemed on the small side for a hotel of this size. On the whole our stay was comfortable but not memorable. I would probably give HI Express down the road higher marks or stay at some of the other newer hotels to be able to provide a fair comparison for other travelers to Roswell.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor during the summer months due to the A/C issue.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Roswell, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear HombreDeCasa,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review of our hotel. We are delighted you found our staff very friendly and helpful, and the hotel's location ideal to your needs. We strive every day to create special experiences one guest at a time and we are truly happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

On the other hand, please accept our apologies regarding the inconvenience the changing of rooms you have gone through. We will look into this as to avoid further inconvenience for future guest stays.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back real soon.

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Roswell? Share your experiences!