“A home away from home...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Roswell
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“A home away from home...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Clean, Comfortable, Cozy, Friendly...
Came to Roswell with my family to experience the Roswell UFO Festival; the festival was great. I can't say enough about our stay at the Roswell, Fairfield Inn & Suites. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left...my family was greeted with a smile by every employee we ran into. They really made our stay there welcoming and enjoyable. Check in was a breeze and the attendant at the counter offered helpful information about the Festival and the surrounding attractions. The room we stayed in was a suite which had a separate living area two beds and a pullout...for the five of us, it was roomy and comfortable. I guess the ONLY compliant I have about the room, though, is the pullout...it was a bit uncomfortable...however, it did not ruin MY experience. The breakfast each morning was made fresh and the buffet set up was well attended to and the area was clean. The pool is a bit small...but was welcoming after a long day. All in all...I would sum up our stay as excellent. I, we, will definitely be staying at the Fairfield in Roswell each time we visit. Thank you, to all the employees and staff that made our stay enjoyable and fun. See you all again soon....

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The hotel itself is clean and seems new. The air conditioner is a bit lame, being just an attached swamp cooler. The worst part was, we got it because they said they had high speed internet. I needed it for some work video calls the next morning. Their "high-speed" internet isn't even 1 MB per second. That is not high-speed, unless we are comparing it to AOL dial-up. In today's world, that is called crappy internet.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
GENERALMANAGERFFIS, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Roswell, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to apologize for the experience you has at our property. I would alsobe irritated if I was unable to get work done when I needed to, due to slow internet. Please note that this was an isolated incident and not a true reflection of this property or any other Marriott hotels. We strive to provide the highest quality of stay to each of our guests and we hope you will be willing to give us another try.

Dawn Ortega
Acworth, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

On my way to Dallas and decided to see Roswell. I got in late and went straight to the hotel. My check in was great. The young lady that checked me in was awesome. She gave me great information on the museum and made sure I made it in time! She recommended a very good restaurant right beside the hotel. Room was clean and nice. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Any room works
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Chester, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

During our limited travels we have usually stayed at a competitor of the Marriott group of hotels. Nothing against Marriott, we just became comfortable with the competitor's consistently good quality. We now have another choice! The Fairfield Inn in Rosswell, NM by Marriott is clean (always our first criterion) and the service was friendly and professional. By the way don't let the talk about alien space ships keep you away from Roswell. It is a clean and progressive city and the history of the alien thing is quite interesting. Rosswell will be a destination in the future as will the Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Our oldest daughter is going to attend NMMI. We needed a place, close to the school, to stay (with our family of 6) for the open house event there and we picked Fairfield Inn. It is a nice hotel as far as the decor, the condition of everything, the cleanliness. Really for the price range you can't ask for better as far as that goes. One guy at the front desk was friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome, one young lady was a little cool and not terribly friendly. The lady who was working on the breakfast was very warm and friendly and greeted everyone who came to eat. The breakfast selection was decent and the dining area is incredibly well appointed for a standard hotel. There was fresh iced cucumber and lemon waters in the lobby, which is also well appointed and comfortable.

There were only a few things that kept this from being a 5 star rating. I felt like the beds were odd and too firm, they seemed rather small, even for the average hotel Double. However, my 20 month old son slept like a rock on the bed and normally he tosses and turns all night. The pool either doesn't have a great filter system or it wasn't working. While it is a nice poolside area (very clean and well kept) the pool itself was so full of bugs and plant debris it wasn't that enjoyable to be in the water. There was a very big dead lizard floating in the pool as well but my kids decided to keep it and put it on ice so they thought that was pretty neat. And the last thing that wasn't the greatest is that the floors seem to conduct sound and we apparently got the room underneath a herd of ungraceful tap dancing elephants with shotguns who did their thing until about 2 am.

We will come back though, whenever we have an event or reason to see our daughter or attend NMMI functions this will be our regular spot.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We arrived in Roswell after a long drive from Tucson and were warmly greeted by the desk clerk. She made every effort to fulfill our request and upgraded us to a suite in order to do it. She gave us information on where to eat that would be close by. The room was newer and well-maintained. We did not use the pool or other amenities. The breakfast was the average hotel breakfast, but very welcome before continuing our trip. The breakfast room attendant was also friendly and helpful.
I do have a Marriott Rewards card and will stay at Fairfield Inns again, even thought this was a little more expensive than other hotels we stayed at on our trip.

Room Tip: Request a room at the back of the hotel to avoid highway noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Darien, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stayed at the Fairfield while on a business trip. I came in dog tired from a long day of flying and driving - and was greeted by the nicest young lady at the front desk. It's amazing how a cheerful attitude and a genuine pleasant spirit will brighten the day for those you come in contact with. My room was well appointed - was neat and clean when I arrived. I saw where they had won some sort of award for the hotel, and from what I experienced it was well deserved. Definitely will come back if I end up in the area again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Roswell? Share your experiences!