“Educational” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 15 Attractions in Roswell
Type: Art Museums, History Museums, Observatories/ Planetariums
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Housing not only a fine art collection, the Roswell Museum & Art Center is also home to the Robert H. Goddard workshop and the Rogers Aston Collection of the American West.
10 attraction reviews
“Educational”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The museum is filled with a variety of newspaper articles, personal letters, photos, and artifacts from those Roswell families who experienced and gave personal testimonies about the crash of the "space object with six small creatures on board." The museum further features a Hollywood movie that tells the Roswell story.

• Thai first
Bedford
12 attraction reviews
“Neat Museum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We had some time to kill after the UFO museum and Alien Zone so we decided to head over the Roswell Museum and Art Center. I am glad we did. The museum was free (donations are welcome though). They had some interesting art work on display - some we liked and some we didn't. But sparked some great conversation and appreciation of the work that went into creating some of the pieces. The one thing I didnt like was some of the historical displays had the information about the displays off to the side in a booklet instead being part of the display. That made it harder to learn about a particular piece that interested you.

Visited July 2014
El Paso, Texas
12 attraction reviews
“Very nice museum.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

A very nice art museum which also hosts a replica of Robert Goddard's workshop. Robert Goddard is considered the Father of Rocketry.and did a lot of his work in Roswell. Also a number of paintings by Peter Hurd and others. A very nice presentation. Museum is warm, tho. They could have cranked up the AC a bit (104° F outside.)

Lubbock
25 attraction reviews
“Very Well Done!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

After a disgusting trip to the Roswell 'zoo', I wanted to absorb something pretty. I was greeted by the nicest gentleman and told what was in each gallery. Although not a huge museum I spent over two hours there, was allowed to take non-flash photos. Didn't want a lot of photos but was go glad I was able to when I got to the Michael Beitz gallery. When I turned the corner and saw his table down the hallway I had to stop and catch my breath. Loved his entire show...excellent! Recognized a fw other names also. Really fun piece in the gallery direct in front of the doors. Good collection of Native items. I love art museums although I'm not a huge painting fan; enjoy other mediums more and there was enough to keep anyone entertained in a pleasant cool environment. Go see it if you are in the area.

Roswell, New Mexico
“worst experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I went to this museum. I leaned over a display and within a few minutes a security guard was there telling me in a rude way not to touch the display. I told him I didn't and he claimed he had me on film touching it. His attitude was very nasty. He never showed me the so called film of me touching anything.

Visited June 2014

Been to Roswell Museum & Art Center? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Roswell Museum & Art Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.