“Very Well Done!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 Attractions in Roswell
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Type: Art museums, History museums, Observatories & planetariums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: Housing not only a fine art collection, the Roswell Museum & Art Center is also home to the Robert H. Goddard workshop and the Rogers Aston Collection of the American West.
Lubbock
32 attraction reviews
“Very Well Done!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

After a disgusting trip to the Roswell 'zoo', I wanted to absorb something pretty. I was greeted by the nicest gentleman and told what was in each gallery. Although not a huge museum I spent over two hours there, was allowed to take non-flash photos. Didn't want a lot of photos but was go glad I was able to when I got to the Michael Beitz gallery. When I turned the corner and saw his table down the hallway I had to stop and catch my breath. Loved his entire show...excellent! Recognized a fw other names also. Really fun piece in the gallery direct in front of the doors. Good collection of Native items. I love art museums although I'm not a huge painting fan; enjoy other mediums more and there was enough to keep anyone entertained in a pleasant cool environment. Go see it if you are in the area.

• Thai first
Roswell, New Mexico
“worst experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I went to this museum. I leaned over a display and within a few minutes a security guard was there telling me in a rude way not to touch the display. I told him I didn't and he claimed he had me on film touching it. His attitude was very nasty. He never showed me the so called film of me touching anything.

Lincoln, Nebraska
4 attraction reviews
“Roswell Museum & Art Center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Recommended - plan to spend several afternoons if you can to appreciate it. Really enjoyed the Robert Goddard exhibit !!!

Montreal, Canada
48 attraction reviews
“Such a great hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

The museum was not on my itinerary but was along the way from here to there...
We stopped by in this free museum and was pleasantly surprised at the small but well curated collection showcasing well known New Mexican artists. The exhibit on one of the earliest rocket researchers was interesting and perfect for 12 year old boys.

Visited May 2014
“Unexpected gem in southern New Mexico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

A friend and I went on the atomic tour of New Mexico recently, starting in Roswell. A very nice lady at the Roswell information center suggested a visit to the Robert Goddard exhibit at the museum. Most charming and informative. A first hand look at the beginning of the US rocket program with a room of the tools and equipment that he used to build his rockets along with some of the actual models. A must see! It was an eye opening experience for me.

Visited May 2014

Been to Roswell Museum & Art Center? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Roswell Museum & Art Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.