“Excellent hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Roswell
Houston, Texas
“Excellent hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Our hotel room was so much more than we were expecting! This hotel was a stopping point before a long ride home after a week's long vacation. It was a very well decorated room with a great layout. I'm sorry that we weren't able to enjoy the room for a longer time period. We appreciated the layout of the seating for the breakfast area, it was more like a restaurant, not several small tables jammed in a small area. There was a nice variety offered for breakfast also. I'm not sure I've ever been able to give all Excellent marks in every category before. This was a much higher grade hotel than any previous Comfort Suites that we've stayed in before.

Room Tip: We chose a King Suite with the sofabed/sitting area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Stacie B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Roswell, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Good Evening,

I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you for choosing to stay with us at Comfort Suites, Roswell, NM. I appreciate you choosing to stay with us. I hope that you and your family felt at home while staying with us. It is very important to me and my staff that all of our guests feel like family when at our property.

I thank you again and hope that you will return soon to see us.

Stacie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Gulf Breeze, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We chose this hotel on a trip through New Mexico because it was rated number one by Trip Advisor reviewers. I can only say that I would hate to have seen the number two property in Roswell. We arrived late and the first room we were given was a large handicapped accessible room. After finding that the sheets on one of beds was badly stained, and I mean a large, obvious stain running at least two feet, the night clerk showed us to another room on the same floor. On the way, we saw that the hall carpet was badly stained and appeared dirty, with white specks which could have easily been vacuumed. The new room's carpet also appeared not to have been vacuumed, nor had the bathroom been cleaned thoroughly. The clerk checked the sheets with me and they appeared to be clean and fresh. As it was late and we were travel weary, we accepted the room and stayed the night.
I reviewed the room on the hotel web site when I received an email request from them. I got an email response to my review from the manager, Stacie B., saying that she would be addressing this with the staff. However, from reading other reviews on Trip Advisor and on the hotel web site, not much has been done. I cannot recommend this hotel. Surely, this level of maintenance cannot be acceptable at other places in Roswell.

Room Tip: Find one in another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Stacie B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Roswell, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
I want to take this opportunity to apologize on behalf of myself and staff for failing to meet your expectations while at our property. We have hired some new housekeepers and have been training them to properly clean the rooms and public areas to guests satisfaction. I realize this is no reason for the issues you experienced but I do want you to know that we are on top of it. We are currently checking more rooms everyday and if available we check all rooms now.

I hope that you stay with us again and give us a second chance to WOW you with our wonderful hotel and staff.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

It has been a busy road-tripping summer, and I have stayed in several hotels lately with my family. This is by far the best value and the least expensive and the nicest rooms. We stayed in a suite with two queens and a pull-out sofa bed. There was plenty of space, even with the pull-out pulled out. My kids enjoyed the hot-tub (the pool was suspiciously murky, so we stayed out) and I was thrilled to have a lmini-fridge and free WiFi. Even better, our room was directly above the work-out room and laundry, so I didn't have to worry about my kids making too much noise for the hotel patrons below.

The breakfast was reasonably good and offered many options: cereal, yogurt, waffles, eggs and sausage patties, juice, toast. Lots of hotels offer this type of breakfast, but often the quality of the food is too low to really enjoy it or the options are all-white and sugary.

There are 2 reasons I didn't give it an overall rating of excellent: the murky pool and the front desk. We had a very hard time getting through on the phone, and when we did, we were put on hold for 10 minutes. When we showed up in person to check in or to ask a question once we were in the hotel, there were no problems.

We will definitely stay here again if our travels bring us this way again!

Good Evening,

Thank you for staying with us at Comfort Suites in Roswell, NM. We appreciate your business. I wanted to apologize for the murky. We switched chemicals and the first few days the pool was very cloudy and then it seemed to clear up. We will definitely stick with our old chemicals in the future. I also want to say I am sorry for the issues with the phones and the front desk. We have been having some work done on the phone lines and hope that everything is all taken care of now and guests will not experience this in the future. I do have some new front desk agents and I have spoken with all of them to make sure they know how important it is to be at the front desk at all times to take care of our guests.

I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed at the Comfort Suites for the 4th of July - we were treated to an excellent fire work display from our third floor window.

This hotel and others seem to be on the opposite side of town as the major Roswell Tourist attractions which seemed odd. Not sure why the city planners have done this, I guess cheaper and more open land.

Very pleased with our stay, hotel is to Comfort Inn standards, no complaints. We did receive a complaint from the front desk, coming from the room below us. . . "too much noise above". It seems the floors are hollow, even with our three little ones not playing, just walking on the floor seemed to create noise. So...if you are sensitive to ceiling noise, I would suggest staying on the third floor.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Stacie B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Roswell, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at Comfort Suites, Roswell. We appreciate your business. I am pleased to know that your stay with us was successful and that you were happy with our hotel. I appreciate you letting us know and hope you will pass along the good word to anyone coming to our area.

We hope to see you again soon.

Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

As a former local, I have visited lots of friends in hotels here, and stayed in a few since I moved. In my opinion, this is the best choice in town. Large rooms with really comfy nice beds and linens, an indoor pool and spa, gym, breakfast, and a decent lobby where you can greet friends. In the summer, the pool area is quite stuffy because it is so hot outside too, but if you sit hear the door, and prop it open, you are ok. It is 5 minutes to just about anywhere in town, close but not too close to WalMart, Target, and lots of restaurants. A good friend had to live here for 4 months after her house flooded, it was comfortable and she felt safe.

Room Tip: choose a higher floor and away from the elevators. Rooms face north or south, so sun isn't an i...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your business. Customer service is our #. 1 priority and I am pleased to know that you felt well taken care of. We hope that you will let others know how wonderful your experience with us was.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I would recommend that you choose a different hotel if you or a family member has asthma or allergies.

This is a nice, modern all suite hotel. Upon arrival to room, we were overcome with the powerful odor of cleaner/chemicals. We had to open the windows and vents of a/c. The bathroom floor was sticky and reeked of cleaning chemicals. We quickly decided we had to change rooms and the front desk clerk moved us to the room next door-unfortunately it smelled just as bad. We changed to a room on a different floor. Although the odor was somewhat better (also had to open windows and vent on a/c), there were crumbs all over the floor and I picked up an empty chip bag and Kleenex from between bed and nightstand. The bathroom floor was also sticky and smelled of cleaner. We were fortunate to find the housekeeper one door down and although she could not speak English fluently, we asked that she wipe down the bathroom floor with plain water and vacuum the room. I had to take a Tylenol for a headache this odor caused and a Benadryl before bed.

The entire hallway was dirty with crumbs, litter, smelled of the cleaner and there were toothpicks by the elevator doors. Upon leaving for dinner, we asked to see the Manager on Duty and told her our experience. She seemed appreciative of our comments and said she would look into the matter, but everything, including the toothpicks, were the same when we left the next morning.

The overhead rain shower is a nice feature, but no shower cap was provided. There was no empty laundry bag and the ice maker was Out of Order on our floor. The bed and pillows were comfortable, the room was quiet and the "real" eggs at breakfast were good.

We have never encountered this many issues in all our of our many hotel stays. It is a real shame that this nice hotel will be second rate soon if this general lack of cleanliness and poor management continues.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor and away from traffic.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
I first off want to apologize on behalf of my entire team for failing to meet your expectations. I understand your concerns about the chemicals/cleaning supplies. I want you to know that I have addressed your issues with both my housekeeping staff and the company that provides our cleaning products. I believe we have a better handle on this now and hope that you will return in the near future and give us a second chance.

Again, thank you for your on line survey and I apologize for this issues you experienced.

Hope to see you again soon!

Cabot
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This was a great hotel to stay in. We have a family of 5 and are always struggling to find a place for the 3 child to sleep but this place was great/ The beds were super comfortable and it was very clean. Breakfast was good and it wasn't overpriced. We stayed here to as opposed to staying in Carlsbad after prices were too high and the reviews were bad. the drive down was about an 1& 1/2 but it was good for the value/

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. It is our pleasure to have you as a guest at our hotel. I am happy to know that you were pleased with your stay at our hotel. We hope that you will pass along the good word to everyone you know coming to our area.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again real soon.

Many thanks,
Stacie Banda

Been to Comfort Suites Roswell? Share your experiences!