“UFO Festival - Worth a Visit” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Roswell
Cairo, Egypt
“UFO Festival - Worth a Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed at the Comfort Suites for the 4th of July - we were treated to an excellent fire work display from our third floor window.

This hotel and others seem to be on the opposite side of town as the major Roswell Tourist attractions which seemed odd. Not sure why the city planners have done this, I guess cheaper and more open land.

Very pleased with our stay, hotel is to Comfort Inn standards, no complaints. We did receive a complaint from the front desk, coming from the room below us. . . "too much noise above". It seems the floors are hollow, even with our three little ones not playing, just walking on the floor seemed to create noise. So...if you are sensitive to ceiling noise, I would suggest staying on the third floor.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Stacie B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Roswell, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at Comfort Suites, Roswell. We appreciate your business. I am pleased to know that your stay with us was successful and that you were happy with our hotel. I appreciate you letting us know and hope you will pass along the good word to anyone coming to our area.

We hope to see you again soon.

Stacie Banda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

As a former local, I have visited lots of friends in hotels here, and stayed in a few since I moved. In my opinion, this is the best choice in town. Large rooms with really comfy nice beds and linens, an indoor pool and spa, gym, breakfast, and a decent lobby where you can greet friends. In the summer, the pool area is quite stuffy because it is so hot outside too, but if you sit hear the door, and prop it open, you are ok. It is 5 minutes to just about anywhere in town, close but not too close to WalMart, Target, and lots of restaurants. A good friend had to live here for 4 months after her house flooded, it was comfortable and she felt safe.

Room Tip: choose a higher floor and away from the elevators. Rooms face north or south, so sun isn't an i...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your business. Customer service is our #. 1 priority and I am pleased to know that you felt well taken care of. We hope that you will let others know how wonderful your experience with us was.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I would recommend that you choose a different hotel if you or a family member has asthma or allergies.

This is a nice, modern all suite hotel. Upon arrival to room, we were overcome with the powerful odor of cleaner/chemicals. We had to open the windows and vents of a/c. The bathroom floor was sticky and reeked of cleaning chemicals. We quickly decided we had to change rooms and the front desk clerk moved us to the room next door-unfortunately it smelled just as bad. We changed to a room on a different floor. Although the odor was somewhat better (also had to open windows and vent on a/c), there were crumbs all over the floor and I picked up an empty chip bag and Kleenex from between bed and nightstand. The bathroom floor was also sticky and smelled of cleaner. We were fortunate to find the housekeeper one door down and although she could not speak English fluently, we asked that she wipe down the bathroom floor with plain water and vacuum the room. I had to take a Tylenol for a headache this odor caused and a Benadryl before bed.

The entire hallway was dirty with crumbs, litter, smelled of the cleaner and there were toothpicks by the elevator doors. Upon leaving for dinner, we asked to see the Manager on Duty and told her our experience. She seemed appreciative of our comments and said she would look into the matter, but everything, including the toothpicks, were the same when we left the next morning.

The overhead rain shower is a nice feature, but no shower cap was provided. There was no empty laundry bag and the ice maker was Out of Order on our floor. The bed and pillows were comfortable, the room was quiet and the "real" eggs at breakfast were good.

We have never encountered this many issues in all our of our many hotel stays. It is a real shame that this nice hotel will be second rate soon if this general lack of cleanliness and poor management continues.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor and away from traffic.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
I first off want to apologize on behalf of my entire team for failing to meet your expectations. I understand your concerns about the chemicals/cleaning supplies. I want you to know that I have addressed your issues with both my housekeeping staff and the company that provides our cleaning products. I believe we have a better handle on this now and hope that you will return in the near future and give us a second chance.

Again, thank you for your on line survey and I apologize for this issues you experienced.

Hope to see you again soon!

Cabot
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This was a great hotel to stay in. We have a family of 5 and are always struggling to find a place for the 3 child to sleep but this place was great/ The beds were super comfortable and it was very clean. Breakfast was good and it wasn't overpriced. We stayed here to as opposed to staying in Carlsbad after prices were too high and the reviews were bad. the drive down was about an 1& 1/2 but it was good for the value/

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. It is our pleasure to have you as a guest at our hotel. I am happy to know that you were pleased with your stay at our hotel. We hope that you will pass along the good word to everyone you know coming to our area.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again real soon.

Many thanks,
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I have stayed here about three or four times in the last two to three years and it has always been very good. Front desk staff very capable and friendly.Breakfast staff truly excellent. Trust me, As a 70 year old retired traveling salesman for fifty years, I've been in a heck of a lot of hotels. This one gives me very good value for the money.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Good morning, I just wanted to say thank you for choosing Comfort Suites in Roswell. We realize that you have many choices of hotels when coming to town and we appreciate you staying with us.
If there is anything we can do for you please let us know.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Regards,
Papillion, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My family and I stayed for one night after visiting Carlsbad Caverns. The hotel is in a nice location and is very aesthetically pleasing. I was relieved upon walking in--for a short time.
On our way up to our room my husband and I noticed the carpet in the hallways was very dirty. Not only stained but also looked like it hadn't even been vacuumed. I thought it was strange but didn't think too much about it.
When we arrived at our room we noticed a do not disturb sign on the door. We considered going in anyway but decided to check back with the front desk to make sure the room wasn't occupied. Turns out it was. We were given another room and the woman at the front desk even went in before us go check it out. Again, strange but whatever.
After seeing the hallway carpets, I was cringing as I walked into our room not knowing what we'd find. It looked clean. There was a stain on one of the comforters.
The room was comfortable and a decent size. Seemed quiet. Decor was nice.
My kids wanted to swim that night. The pool was small but there wasn't many people in it. There were no clean towels and there was a container right next to the clean towels (or where there should've been clean towels) that was overflowing with dirty towels. There were empty pop cans on the tables and food on the floor. We were able to get some clean towels from the front desk. And my kids enjoyed the pool even though the water was chilly!
On our way back up to the room we heard a man at the front desk complaining about housekeeping.
Went to take a shower that night and the water pressure was horrible. The showers have two shower heads (a regular one and a rain one) which looked nice but when I turned them on the water just dribbled out of the rain shower head and I couldn't even feel it. The water drained really slow too. Plus I had the water turned all the way on hot and it was just a comfortable warm temperature to me.
In the corner of the shower was a metal soap dish and it was flipped upside down. I picked it up and underneath it was a used bar of soap. I know this was not our used bar of soap because I was the first one in my party to use the shower. So gross.
Breakfast the next morning was pretty typical of hotel breakfasts except no one seemed to be monitoring it. We started eating about 30-40 minutes after they started serving and my daughter took the last piece of sausage. The whole time we were eating, the sausage was never replenished.
My husband had to switch chairs while he was eating because the first one was sticky. I never saw anyone wiping down tables or anything. In fact, we checked in at 4:30pm and checked out at 9:00am the next morning and I never saw one housekeeper at all.
Typically I'm pretty easy to please but I definitely want to feel like the hotel I'm paying for is clean.
I don't know how this is the number one hotel on tripadvisor. I'm guessing it was well cared for at one time but recently started going downhill because all the negative reviews are recent.
Will not return unless I hear that housekeeping is improved.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for failing to meet your expectations while staying with us. I do want you to know that I have addressed the issues you experienced with both my housekeeping staff and maintenance. We have done some further training with both departments. I am sure that you will be very pleased in the changes we have made and hope that you will return to give us a second chance.

Once again, I am sorry for failing to meet your expectations and hope to see you soon !

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is the most beautiful of all the Comfort Suites we have ever stayed in and we choose Comfort Suites almost exclusively on our annual cross-country road trips.

It began with welcome smiles and greetings at the front desk and ended with a breakfast bar that was better than most. Our room was spacious with subtle UFO decor that was fun but not hokey.

I would ask that they please use unscented cleaning products, because that was the only annoyance I experienced during our stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Comfort Suites, Roswell,Nm. We appreciate your business. Thank you for filling out our on line survey. I am pleased to know that we fulfilled and meet your expectations. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Stacie Banda

Been to Comfort Suites Roswell? Share your experiences!