“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Roswell
Phoenix, AZ
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

My family of 4 stayed in this hotel in July. We stayed one night. The hotel is on the north side of town, a short drive to the main shopping/tourist area.

Hotel was very clean. Loved our room accomodations. Did use the pool for a few minutes. Pool is indoor but was cold. Pool is small, and being that there was a large family using it as well, there didn't seem to be enough room. Tried the hot tub and it was way too hot! No temperature adjustments.

Didn't get a chance to have breakfast, we were on the road before it opened. Breakfast area looked nice.

Front desk staff was friendly. Definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: When traveling with kids, opt for a king size bed. Have the kids stay on the pull out sofa (it was...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I think this is a fairly new hotel, but the experience will send me to the La Quinta or Motel 6 next time I am in Roswell.
Checked in rather late in the evening and the first thing we noticed was the room floor was not vacuumed. There was paper and fluff all over the floor. In the middle of the room was someone's pills. I threw two pills into the trash and took one to the desk. The young lady was nice, but obvious new and not informative. I asked if there was anyone that could run a vacuum through the room and she simply said, 'no'. No other explanation. Finally determined that there was no other staff other than her. Not sure where the night manager was, saw a name, but no person.
The tiles in the bath floor were loose and creaked with each step. I scraped the bottom of one foot on a loose tile, but I can live with this.
What I can't live with is picking up a face cloth and finding black curly hairs on the cloth. I don't have black, curly hair, nether does my wife. My OCD went into over-drive after that.
Got very little sleep as the AC unit was extremely loud when on and 'ka-lunked' when it turned off. Then after a small period of quiet, 'Ka-Lunk' again as it turned on. These were the loudest ACs I've think I've ever heard.
Breakfast was okay, what you would expect, except for the not-so-friendly staff. Ran out of biscuits, I asked the staff if there were more and was told in a not so gentle manner, "In a minute, I'm doing something."
Another couple had a waffle disaster, (waffle stuck to the griddle) and were given a 3 minute lecture on using the spray before pouring the batter on. As we left the area, the couple were still cleaning the griddle as the staff member was 'doing something'.
Is customer service so hard to find?

Room Tip: in a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

As I was on a long circle trip through New Mexico, I wanted to check out Roswell, and all the UFO hoopla....great fun!
Anyhow, I decided on Comfort Suites, ( not my usual choice), I must say HOW truly surprised I was. It is a beautiful newish property, very well maintaned. It really reminded me of a 4 star hotel in a more urban market. Very tasteful design. Totally contemperary. Ultra spacious, clean, and functional room.HUGE flat screen TV, wonderful "rain-fall" shower head, seperate little living room seating area, with it's own seperate TV, adjustable lighting level. WOW, what more could one want. A really unbelieveable experience.
Much kodo's to Comfort Suites !

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My family and I stayed here for one night on family vacation and everything was great. I recommend.

• Stayed June 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I like staying at this hotel for business because its new and has all the modern conveniences such as cable tv, iPod docking station, pool, a small fitness facility and wireless Internet. I also like staying here because they are located near restaurants such Chili's, the Rib Crib and Tia Juana's Mexican Grille. The staff here has always been very pleasant and helpful when I've had questions about how to get around the city. I would definitely recommend staying here if you are a business traveler because of the nice rooms, great staff and overall value for your money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This place was a great surprise. The rooms are large and updated, and the staff is exceptionally friendly. All for a reasonable price. (generally a place like that this should cost 2x-3x as much.)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

It has a wow factor upon entry, and decent night crew. Prompt service and seems nice. The wifi a little sketchy but may be weather related but that was the only frustration I had. Kid friendly since rooms are over sized with sitting areas and oversized tvs accommodate viewing from both beds so no fighting amongst the kids. I would return if back in town.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Roswell? Share your experiences!