“Nice stay for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rio Rancho
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Nice stay for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a softball tournament. the staff was extremely pleasnat and cooperative. The rooms were clean and well taken care of. The continental breakfast was also well stocked. It was approx. 1 mile from where I was playing so the location was great. There is an Applebees and dions within walking distance approx. 200 yards. An Albertsons across the street and other fast food places all within walking distance. I would recommend this hotel when staying in the area.

Room Tip: I got a room on the 1st floor just for convenince. but, i heard zero complaints from teammates and o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
farmington,mn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

This hotel was clean and the beds were comfortable. Frig, coffee pot, microwave in room. Also a hair dryer. The wash sink is outside the bathroom. The breakfastw as simple cereal, rolls, waffles. The usual for this type hotel.

On the downside. The front desk help is business like but not friendly. Day girl didn't know anything about the pow wow that was in town. The $ you pay for your room differs day to day. We were in town for a funeral and the reservation made through Orbitz we were told couldn't be adjusted to meet our need. However, the night gentlemen the first night did give us a AARP discount and although our room was on the second floor and there isn't an elevator in this hotel, Craig did offer to carry our bags up. The next night there was a new man at the front desk and he refused to give us a discount on the new reservation for that night. Hmmm, why the night before and not now. So, beware of price changes.

Last reservation was made at the hotel desk. Next am was getting calls from front desk for payment information which they had taken at time room was reserved. Front desk called my room three times that morning. The last time was to apologize for calling us because he did have the payment information.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Southrn California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Traveling on business with my working K-9, I needed lodging near Corrales, and the Comfort Inn proved a convenient location. This was my first stay at a Comfort Inn. Arriving in the wee-small hours, I was immediately impressed by the wide-awake and extremely helpful night clerk. There were snacks available round-the-clock. Breakfast was convenient with an attendant constantly restocking & tidying the area. The room was immaculate. (Sadly, this is often not the case with pet rooms. Granted, there is an additional fee charged, but pets do necessitate additional cleaning, and since the room was so clean, no gripe from me.) The bed proved exceedingly comfortable. The high-backed office chair, glitch-free internet, desk with numberous plugs, plus frig & microwave were greatly appreciated. I put out the do-not-disturb sign upon arrival and had no indication that it was not honored. (A note was slipped under the door the second day stating that clean towels were available from the desk if desired.) There was some sort of mechanical noise that was noticeable (ground floor room near the lobby) but not loud enough to disturb my sleep. Certainly not the Ritz-Carlton, but for the price, an good value for the money. I was impressed enough to rebook on my return trip, even though there were closer accomodations available.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here several nights on different occasions throughout the year...good friendly service and clean rooms. Good location, close to restaurants

• Stayed March 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

We stayed here a few years ago and had stuff stolen out of our room and it was in the hundreds everyday, we would turn the a/c on and close curtains everyday when we left, when we would come back the a/c was off and curtains wide open. We complained every day and it didn't do any good. As I said that was a few years ago so we thought we would try it again..As we thought the employees would be different ones BIG mistake...stayed here two weeks ago and other than the room taking about 5 hours to warm up it was ok. So cold in room you could see your breath!! Well we had asked for a microwave n fridge. We had been gone all day and left the do not disturbed sign on.. So later on that evening I called the hotel to see if they got the microwave n fridge and nobody did, as we were not there. The guy at the front desk when I called said, no they didn't put it in room, cause of the d&d but that he would get it and put it in our room I told him to wait for us as we were only like 30 mins away and I had stuff everywhere and stuff on the shelves where he said the microwave n fridge went. Well we get back to room and the microwave was in the room and then the desk clerk brings the fridge, mind you we still had on our coats, as we haven't been there all day, as puts the fridge on the floor he picks up some pieces of gravel, that im sure came from our dogs or our shoes. By the way this man was very very rude the whole time we had to deal with him. He left the room and about 5 mins later our phones go off saying there had been a $300 and $3 charge to our bank card, we go straight to the desk and this is what he tells us...I don't have permission to charge your card the GM must have done that, oh, there's a note here saying the housekeeper went in your room and saw cig ashes on table..i said, we had d&d up so why did they go in room and besides that we haven't been here all day, we go outside n sit in our truck n smoke, he said the housekeeper went in the room then realized that we had d&d up, BS, when we came back there's was a slip of paper on floor in front of our door acknowledging that we had the d&d up....as I said we smoke in our truck so im sure we smelled like cigs..he then said HE saw ashes on table in room well there was no ashes as we didn't smoke in the room, there were cookie crumbs, but when he put the microwave in room it was directly behind the door on the floor, so he had NO reason to walk around our room snooping at our things, as I said we have had stuff stolen from us at this very hotel and we have never had service since then at any hotel we stay at....he informed us he cant give our money back!!!! We have one more night here and im worried about leaving the room for fear they will enter the room again without permission.... I feel like we need to put everything in the truck when we leave...as I said we go outside and sit in our truck to smoke!!!!! We don't smoke in our own home...Which is it the housekeepers and the desk clerk didn't come in cause of the D&D or the housekeeper accidently come in or he came in and walked around checking out out stuff and room...i betting on the last one, seeing as how his story kept changing and we told him don't go in room....We will have a camera set up today....STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2012
Aaron B, Manager at Comfort Inn Rio Rancho, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
The Customer was found Smoking In non Smoking Room and was offered to stay in Smoking Room. Was Trying to getaway with violating Non-Smoking Policies of the Hotel. We have updated all Rooms with MICROFRIDGE.
Durango, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

The room was small but well designed, with a refrigerator and microwave, an easy chair, a small table/chair, ample storage for clothes, and a comfortable king bed.

I was gouged $20/night for my small dog, and could hear footsteps anytime the guest in the room above me moved around. Accordingly, I recommend the second floor (but don't know if it's available to travelers with dogs, and there is no elevator).

The employee at the front desk in the afternoon, Craig, was clueless when I told him my Mac laptop couldn't get an Internet signal. He did give me the toll-free phone # of the motel's ISP (which I didn't use, as I was leaving the next morning and there was a PC in the lobby for guests' use).

As noted in another review, the free breakfast offered a wider variety than many chain motels in this price category. Warm options included waffles, sausage, and scrambled eggs. Numerous pastries, cold cereal, yogurt, and fruit, as well. A friendly employee was helpful, operating the waffle maker and serving me syrup and butter.

Room Tip: See my remarks on the advantage/disadvantage of a second-floor room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

First off there is a young man at the front desk - Craig - who is as kind and helpful as can be. We were here 5 nights for the balloon fiesta and the room (2 queen) was large and clean. Fresh linens every day, refrig, micro in room, breakfast was big, hot and yummy. Pool area was clean and refreshing. Towels are thick too! not the cheap ones. Good location to downtown. Quiet and well kept. It was a complete pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Rio Rancho? Share your experiences!