We booked this motel for four nights. We left after two nights. The room is outdated, bare bones, and poorly outfitted. And the breakfast is horrible; overcooked leathery eggs, under cooked potatoes and sausage. But the room is clean and the staff is friendly, so for the price in the Albuquerque area I guess it's not too bad. I would have given it three stars if not for the third night. The management seemed to show some very poor judgment with the parties they booked for the weekend. On Friday several middle school or high school sports teams checked in, as well as a wedding party. Friday night one of the guests for the wedding party staying next door to our room was letting their kids scream for about an hour, starting at 1:00 am, before I finally called the front desk to complain. With their help we finally got things under control. But on Saturday evening the entire facility was in chaos. High school kids and drunken wedding guests running around yelling and making as much noise as possible, with no one controlling anything. By 9:00 I started calling around to find another place, and by 10:00 we checked out. The front desk seemed to realize that they had lost control of their facility and did not argue, and even refunded an additional night’s fee. This is why I'm giving them a two star rating instead of a one. If you’re looking for a bare bones motel for a reasonable price for the area, and don't care about the breakfast, this could be your place, but check ahead of time to see what events they've booked before you make reservations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come stay at a piece of Rio Rancho history. Built in 1967, this hotel recalls the days of the motor lodge with 118 guest rooms in a full service landmark hotel, conveniently located just NW of Albuquerque. Experience our spacious courtyard featuring a sparkling seasonal outdoor swimming pool, gazebo, and towering Ponderosa pines along with wildlife and bushes located in our 2-acre slice of paradise. A complimentary continental breakfast is offered daily in our spacious Toro Bar and Grill, which is also open on weekend nights for dinner and drinks. Very affordable with room types that fit a variety of travelers' needs. We hope to see you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Wyndham, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Howard Johnson Rio Rancho / Albuquerque North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Rio Rancho Hotel Rio Rancho
- Inn At Rio Rancho Hotel And Conference Center
- Hotel Rio Rancho