You added Howard Johnson Rio Rancho / Albuquerque North to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Rio Rancho / Albuquerque North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1465 Rio Rancho Dr SE, Rio Rancho, NM 87124 (Formerly Inn at Rio Rancho Hotel & Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Rio Rancho

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Seal Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We booked this motel for four nights. We left after two nights. The room is outdated, bare bones, and poorly outfitted. And the breakfast is horrible; overcooked leathery eggs, under cooked potatoes and sausage. But the room is clean and the staff is friendly, so for the price in the Albuquerque area I guess it's not too bad. I would have given it three stars if not for the third night. The management seemed to show some very poor judgment with the parties they booked for the weekend. On Friday several middle school or high school sports teams checked in, as well as a wedding party. Friday night one of the guests for the wedding party staying next door to our room was letting their kids scream for about an hour, starting at 1:00 am, before I finally called the front desk to complain. With their help we finally got things under control. But on Saturday evening the entire facility was in chaos. High school kids and drunken wedding guests running around yelling and making as much noise as possible, with no one controlling anything. By 9:00 I started calling around to find another place, and by 10:00 we checked out. The front desk seemed to realize that they had lost control of their facility and did not argue, and even refunded an additional night’s fee. This is why I'm giving them a two star rating instead of a one. If you’re looking for a bare bones motel for a reasonable price for the area, and don't care about the breakfast, this could be your place, but check ahead of time to see what events they've booked before you make reservations.

Room Tip: Check to make sure no large parties have been booked during your stay.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Aztec, New Mexico, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this hotel when it was $60/night before it became a Howard Johnson. This past weekend I stayed and it cost me $110/night and there was mold in the bathtub. Housekeeping didn't come at all on Saturday even though we removed our "do not disturb" and we had to go get our own towels. Of course when we checked out they didn't bother to ask how everything was so I didn't tell them. Figured they didn't care. My daughter also left her blanket and originally when I called they said it wasn't found. Then they called me later to say that housekeeping didn't put it in the lost and found but folded it up in a closet so no one would take it. That didn't make sense to me. Who takes things out of the lost and found? They were nice enough to let us have a late check out but for the price I expect more.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Overland Park, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This property is outdated and showing its age. The carpet in our room had stains and a couple of small holes. Tv was not a flat screen and the remote was difficult to figure out at first. But finally got the cable to work. No bananas at breakfast.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First of all, I want to say this hotel is difficult to find. We were looking for the hotel by the address and street name but the hotel is actually located on 528 not Rio Rancho Blvd. Took us an hour to find the hotel as it is in the middle of nowhere. If you are attending an event at the Santa Ana Star Center, plan on a 30 minute drive to get there. That is their idea of "close proximity". We finally get to the hotel and check in and are given one of the oldest rooms on the property. While it was a decent size room, the door opens out and gets stuck all the time. The front desk staff do not go out of their way to help you. After tell the them about the door it didn't get fixed until the next day, and that was only because the maintenance guy, Gary happened to be doing some work outside our room when we were fighting with the door to get out. He immediately went and got the tools and fixed it for us. The hotel does have a nice courtyard which I'm sure can get loud when the hotel is full. We were here during the week in the off season, so we didn't have any trouble with noise. The bed was comfortable, and there was plenty of hot water. The day we left I went to turn in the keys and was asked if I would like a receipt, and I responded yes. She then looked at the computer and saw we had made our reservations through Expedia and said she couldn't give me a receipt and it would have to come through Expedia. If hotels don't like customers making reservations on other sites then why do they do it? All customers should be treated the same, no matter if you book directly or through a third party.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First, we didn't get a double room even though I booked this room 2 months is advance, all the rooms were taken my son (11yo) and I had to share a king. This place is in need of some serious upgrades. The beds are hard with very little padding and the bedding is sheet with the thinest blanket. The bathroom was so small with a huge vanity, the whole room configuration is strange. I wouldn't recommend the back of the building the parking is terrible mainly the narrow driveway with cars going in either direction and you can't pass without driving off the curb. Especially do park out back if you are coming back late at night, it just didn't seem safe. Park near the front and walk through the property.

We've stayed in a number of budget hotels but I had the worst experience here. First a group of men were up passed 1 am talking and occasionally arguing outside our room and you can hear every word, come to find out it was their construction crew. They at least moved the chair out from in front of door to not smoke in from of it. We had people at all hours of the night and morning trying to access our room because they thought it was theirs or someone from the conference they attended. The last straw was grandma pounding on our door at 6:30 am, we moved because my son was terrified to stay there, even though I had paid for 2 more nights.

The guests aren't really their problem but their workers are, they should respect the quiet hours most hotels have!

Room Tip: Budget traveler, bring ear plugs if you want to get a good night sleep
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Howard Johnson Rio Rancho / Albuquerque North? Share your experiences!