“Room was above quality of like hotels in the area...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Rio Rancho / Albuquerque North

You added Howard Johnson Rio Rancho / Albuquerque North to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Rio Rancho / Albuquerque North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1465 Rio Rancho Dr SE, Rio Rancho, NM 87124 (Formerly Inn at Rio Rancho Hotel & Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Rio Rancho
Spokane, Washington
“Room was above quality of like hotels in the area...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Room was above quality of like hotels in the area. Breakfast also was second to none.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Castle Pines, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was not my first choice, but the atmosphere is great and family-friendly. Unlike many places in New Mexico, this place allows pets, provides wonderful cleaning service, and doesn't have dead cockroaches in the bathroom. That's a plus.
The pool is a great addition to the area, and the food is a great start in the morning. I am glad my family decided to come here to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms near the outside doors are easier to access when tired.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Booked a double queen courtyard room with refrigerator and microwave. The girl that checkled us in was very confused. She said she was going to upgrade me to a king on the 2nd floor when I needed 2 beds. Then when we got to the room 119 it was very tight. The door almost hit one of the beds when we walked in. The curtains were hanging off the rod at the end. We were also suppose to have a sofa sleeper and only had a chair. Disappointed in this hotel. Also parking is terrible. The lot does not have room for larger vehicles.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Denver, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Clean.
New furniture.
Door latch hard to operate / unlock.
Glass front door requires you to pull drapes in front of door for privacy.
Poor access to parking lot from room.
Heater malfunctioned.
Food for breakfast not that great.
3 pillows for 2 guests and no extras available

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Several customers were waiting to check in for 5 minutes before a man and a woman came out of room giggling and almost acting guilty. When The first room I checked into was ice cold, the heater did not work in this room. called the front desk and told me I needed to come to the front desk and they would leave the keys for another room, no apology, it was clear I was a nuisance to the front desk clerk who made it clear she would rather be in the back. So I walked down the icy, snow packed stairs carrying my bag all the way around to the front desk, was handed the keys to the room next door to the previous room I was in, made me laugh. I go to the new room, its just as cold as the previous room, I turn the heat on high and leave to have dinner. I return in an hour and the room isn't any warmer than when I left, the heater was blowing cool air, I double checked the settings. I call again to the front desk, and of course I have to traverse the even icier stairs, just astounded that the hotel is allowing all of their exterior stair cases to ice over, causing an extremely dangerous situation. A litigious man would have had a field day. So now they move me to a queen bed, from a king reservation, but I dont care at this point, I just want a warm bed. The room is freezing, the heater is blowing warm air, the thermostat said the temp in the room was 50 degrees at 5:30 pm, with it on high the entire time, I checked again at at 11:00 pm it read a balmy 62 degrees (keeping in mind its about 17 degrees outside). I left the heat on all night and it maintained that temp, didnt get too much warmer. The bathroom was oddly positioned in the room and behind the single heating vent and next to an exterior door with 1/8-1/4 inch gaps all around the door, so it stayed about 50 degrees in the bathroom, made for a refreshing shower. I'm a licensed contract and notices a few code violations in this room as well. In addition, the restaurant and bar are boarded up and closed indefinitely, but they do offer free coffee. There are plenty of newer hotels in the area, do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else. I was so disappointed in this property that I didnt even bother to collect my wyndham points after the fact. I actually have several other complaints about the check in process, but I am out of space on this review form. If anyone at Wyndham cares, they know how to reach me. This stay actually made me reconsider if I should continue to stay at wyndham properties.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Austin, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

A major problem that we had was no hot water for showers including for hair washing. The person at the desk had us try another room in the morning after 2 mornings of not hot water. That room again also did not have hot water... 3 days out of 4. The condition of the facility was poor with a lot to be done such as broken/cracked windows in the guest room, nonfunctioning door locks, lack of security, poor value.Likely not to

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Been to Howard Johnson Rio Rancho / Albuquerque North? Share your experiences!