“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Good for: Doing business
new mexico
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I love all kinds of Asian food and were very happy when Pho Bar opened in Rio Rancho. The reviews were basically very good, so we had high expectations. Unfortunately, we were disppointed.
The dining area consists of tables and booths with a bar running along one wall. It's pretty typical.
Service was so-so. Our server was matter of fact but never really made us feel welcome. It was like she had a job to do and was doing it. The food arrives much too quickly. If we wanted fast, we could have gone to any one of the fast food Asian places.
Our shrimp spring roll was really good: large, fresh, and stuffed with crisp veggies and good shrimp. The accompanying peanut sauce was bland and there wasn't much of it.
We ordered a chicken stir fry with udon noodles and the lemon grass chicken bowl with vermicelli. Both looked and tasted as though they were scooped off a buffet table. The veggies and noodles were so overcooked that they were almost mush. The chicken in both dishes was also overcooked and although the sauces were tasty they didn't have the heat that we're accustomed to. The food wasn't temperature hot either. The lemon grass bowl comes with a fresh salad which was nice. There are a number of hot sauces on the table and we noticed that diners at the table next to us were using them liberally.
Prices are reasonable for a nice, sit-down experience with freshly prepared food. However, this is not what we got.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

New Mexico
“Must try in Rio Rancho”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Went to Pho Bar for first time for lunch yesterday and was not disappointed. Same ownership as Cafe Trang's in Albuquerque and just as great. Tried won tons which were good and Soups are fantastic. Fried Rice with Korean BBQ short ribs Fabulous. Can't wait to go back to try Sandwiches and other menu items. Extensive Menu and everything looks and sounds GREAT!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rio Rancho
“Bad service out weighs good food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012 via mobile

3 times I went and 3 times the service was subpar. I gave the benefit of the doubt since they had just opened the first visit. Also on this visit the 30 dollars my Groupon should've covered wasn't. I had to pay out of pocket extra. The second visit I sat at a table for 15 minutes waiting to have my order taken, I finally had to stop someone. The place wasn't very but the owner had two employees at the bar chastising them very openly. Then they brought my food and no utensils to eat with. The third visit I wanted to order to go. It was 8:40pm and they told me they were closed even though the sign says 9pm. The food was good but not good enough to overcome the lack of customer service

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Best pho and ban mi in rio rancho!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012 via mobile

Phimand ban mi are delish. I like the pork ban mi. Their thai is tea is good. Not a fan of their stuffed chicken wings. Quick and portions ar hood size for your money.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“You'll like this Pho' Real”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

We love this little restaurant. Very personable staff, food brought to the table so timely as well. Our 3 &4 year olds love this place too. I'm kind of stuck ordering the Pho with everything, because it is just darn good. The bowl size is HUGE too...I think I get the medium and it seems like an extra large. Tasty, well priced. It's a value for our family.

• Visited November 2011