“great stay :)” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Rio Rancho
sydney
“great stay :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Myself and my 20 year old son stayed here in July 14.

The room was spacious and comfortable.
we had comfortable beds and a good kitchenette.
the hotel was quiet and parking was plentiful.

after reading reviews on here i was a bit concerned, but i didn't need to be.
i would certainly stay here again as the price, location (close to where we needed to be), comfort were all great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you and your son had comfortable stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your spacious and comfortable room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We had a confirmed reservation at the Extended Stay Rio Rancho for our family of five. When we checked in we were told that our reserved room was not available and we would be given a room with one king bed. After arguing and insisting on appropriate accommodations, we were finally given a suite. It was filthy, showed evidence of bedbugs on the mattresses and smelled of smoke!! We checked out and were left searching for rooms (at midnight) on a weekend when all area hotels were sold out. Extended Stay responded to my email complaint with the explanation that they "don't guarantee specific types of rooms" and they knew that the furniture was filthy. Nice!!! We will NEVER book another room at Extended Stay!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Federal Way, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Harassed by housekeeping from the crack of dawn until we checked out. Made for an uncomfortable stay after being on the road the previous day. Staff was rude, location inconvenient, when issues brought to the attention of front desk staff nothing was done to rectify. Will not be staying at this location again.

• Stayed July 2014
Gresham, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I don't have the time to write a long detailed story and review here and will simply share the facts during my visit on 7/6/14 at the Rio Rancho Extended Stay: 1.) The air conditioner barely put out any air and it was extremely hot in my room. Its funny: The hallways were much cooler than my room and I felt like dragging a blanket and pillow out in the hallway to get a better night's sleep. 2.) Tacky red chair and ottoman should've been replaced long ago. 3). Kitchen/oven lightbulb burned out and not working (not the end of the world of course, just an observation) 4.) At check-out I told the employee that a lot of things were missing in my room. Things that I was used to seeing at an ESH. She told me it was their new policy to not have these items in the room and instead, I have to come down to the Front Desk to get them. I don't like this new policy one bit and will list the missing items here. I'll let you decide if its important to have them in the room when you walk in and whether you feel like making multiple trips to the Front Desk: Shampoo/conditioner little bottles, box of tissues, coffee maker, creamer/sugar, coffee cups, utensils of any kind, pots/pans. These were all items I was used to seeing when I walked in the room of an Extended Stay, but no more. I will say that the parking lot looked clean and the Front Desk/lobby seemed clean and organized as well but who really cares? I'm not sleeping in the lobby or the parking lot. I just want a cool room with some basic amenities that don't require trips to the Front Desk.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Andrew - We appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so we are disappointed that you did not have a positive stay with us. We apologize that your air conditioning was not functioning properly and that you were not notified earlier that kitchenware and toiletries were located at the front desk. We will have our maintenance engineer address the issue with the air conditioner to make sure your experience is not repeated. We will also be working with our front desk staff to ensure that every guest is fully informed of our amenities during check-in. We do not expect our guests to come down to the front desk to retrieve the amenities requested; we will gladly deliver them to your room.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at abq@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Freeburg, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We had been staying at this Extended Stay for over 10 years and loved each visit, and we returned again to stay this past April 2014. Obviously, something has changed. Our room was at the end of the hall. The hall carpet and the base boards were stripped and the carpet was rolled up in a bunch near our door. Plaster and dust all over the place. We were told it was due to someone staying at the hotel who set the water system off. Fair enough. We got into our room, and there was dust all over, the bathroom floor and shower was dirty, the dresser fake wood was scraped off the top, the paint on the door was chipped off. The kitchen sink was dirty. I went to the front desk, and was told "what do you want me to do about it". This had never happened in any previous visit and I couldn't believe it. The front desk counter was covered in dust and when I commented on it, the girl just looked at me with a blank face. I believe this probably starts at management at trickles down. This makes me very sad because we love the location and we used to love staying there - felt like home when we came. The other thing we noticed was the parking lot was full of trash. This happens, trash flies around in the wind, but no one would come and pick it up! Each time we returned from our day, the trash was still there. We are coming back to ABQ this weekend, and we did NOT book with your hotel. Something needs to be done about it. I hope the corporate office reads these reviews and makes some serious changes. I know you know what I'm talking about.

Room Tip: I am sorry to say this, but I think you would do better at a different hotel until they can straight...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

The hotel is up on a hill overlooking multiple well known retail stores and restaurants; within 2 to 5 minutes travel. There is no commercial or residential traffic making it a very quiet place to stay. The Rio Rancho NM location may not be ideal for Albuquerque but using the Interstate got me anywhere I wanted to go within 30 to 45 minutes drive depending on the time of day. The room appliances may be old but the hotel is clean and I found the bed comfortable. I got a daily room rate under $50 for the one week. The best part was seeing the Santa Ana Mountain looking out my hotel room window.

Room Tip: Get a North side third floor room to best view the Santa Ana Mountain.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to learn that you enjoyed our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens and convenient location at a great value. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Good value at this hotel. Rooms were only $46 and they were clean and comfortable. The service was great...they had some trouble with their computer running the credit card, so they told me just check in to my room and bring the card back at a later time...wow, that's never happened before.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that we provided you with a clean, comfortable stay at a great value. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed the quality service provided by our staff. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho? Share your experiences!