“Excellent rate for the quality/service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Rio Rancho
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Excellent rate for the quality/service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Excellent rate over the Christmas holiday. Rooms clean, with nice amenities - especially for the price - and very good service/staff. We did not use the cleaning service during our stay, so I can't comment on that. General decor, including carpets, in common areas is fairly old, but clean.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, March 5, 2013

Once again, I and my entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location. Thank you so very much!

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Everything went perfect with the stay. The only improvement I recommend is that coffee on weekends stay out available until noon versus picked up at 9:30 am. This in itself made it where I had to leave the hotel versus just run downstairs and be able to relax better.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor is smoking on one direction from the elevator and non-smoking on the other. The carry...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you do not think our breakfast time is not sufficient enough. Company standard we all keep coffee out during the same business hours. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at abq@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

It was a great location to get away its a bit hidden which I loved but at the same time everything was a few min away. The staff is friendly n courteous. I had a billing error n they immediately solved it. Thanks so much

• Stayed January 2013
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear you think we are a great location. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. I am sorry there was billing issue, but glad we took care of it as soon as we found out. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotel family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.
Taos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I'm in Rio Rancho for business 2 days every week, so it is important to me to have such dependable, professional, friendly managers and housekeepers. I recommend this place to everyone, whether you're coming for business or pleasure. My room is always clean, and the property recently purchased new large screen tv's and new beds, which have spruced the place up nicely. It is safe and nicely situated on a hill. I find that the guests are respectful of one another. Mostly though, I return because the staff, including the housekeeping personnel, are above the crowd.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, December 31, 2012

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotel location.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is a clean, comfortable, secure, attractive extended stay property.

I stayed on the third floor---the floor with the smoking rooms---and, while the hallway smelled of smoke, the room was fresh and clean. (It helps that the windows actually open, allowing fresh air into the room.)

The room itself was well-equipped for work (with a strong wi-fi signal) and relaxation. The bed and pillows were comfortable; the bath-shower and dressing areas were spacious and well-lit.

I noticed a police presence around the property, but I attribute this to a generally high police presence in Rio Rancho. There was nothing about any activities or other guests that caused me to be concerned about personal security.

I'm a flatlander, and I especially appreciated the view of mountains and the Rio Grande valley through my windows. The property might be a little tricky for some to locate, but I navigated there just fine with a Google Map printout.

Travelers should be aware that an extended stay property differs from most "regular" inns. On one hand, there is no daily housekeeping service (unless you pay extra). On the other hand, each room has a full (if compact) kitchen with fridge, microwave, sink, and stove-top.

My one complaint about this Extended Stay America (and other properties in the same chain) is the limited televsion channel line-up. There's Showtime (and Sho2), but no A&E, no PBS, no History Channel, no MSNBC...etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

Overall: it's a good place for a long-term stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side of the property have the best views.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I would like to let corperate of extended stay in rio rancho know how truly blessed we were to have had a new employee named Thea that helped us. We had a rough trip to get there and knew no one ,she made us feel like family. She helped us with finding our new home and we now have a new friend out of it. Not to many people go that extra mile to make someone feel at home and welcomed. Means a lot when you do not have family around and new to a area. The hotel was very clean and tidy. My husband travels all over the world for the military and this place by far is one of the best . Thank you Thea!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that you felt harassed at check out. My front desk staff has been made aware of this mistake and hope it doesn’t happen again. I would like to take this time and acknowledge that we will be offering a “Grab and Go Breakfast starting hopefully this January. As a manager I take pride in my hotel and to hear that there where housekeeping issues, we will all make sure we do a better job inspecting all rooms. I am glad my front desk clerk Thea made a good impression on you and your wife, she is an asset to our company. I appreciate you bringing every thing to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at abq@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

If I had my ideal choice, I'd probably give this 3.5 stars. There are a lot of good aspects to this place and a few poor ones. Given the difficulty in finding an affordable hotel with a good safety record in the Albuquerque area (see: a place you don't risk your car will be broken into), I'd strongly consider this hotel if I returned to the area.

The good:
- Solid amenities: comfy bed, kitchenette, fridge, LCD TV
- Cleaned pretty well, except for a couple issues noted in the "bad" section.
- Internet worked well.
- Staff was helpful. Big thumbs up to Thea, especially, who helped my wife with her luggage and worked hard to get us a good map of the area. Were it not for that niceness, this would be a 2 star review.

The bad:
- The bum rush: Received a phone call from the front desk 20 minutes before checkout asking if we were checking out. Then the maid was knocking at our door 10 minutes before checkout... and 5 minutes before checkout. We were at the desk by checkout time... and would have been there without having to be hassled (possibly quicker, as I wouldn't have had to stop packing to pick up the phone or answer the door). Bad management practice, EXCEPTIONALLY unfriendly. Had Thea not given my wife a hand, this alone would have kept me from returning.
- No breakfast: Unlike most extended stays, they only offer coffee with no breakfast. They say they should have breakfast soon someday, however.
- Police/crime presence: Albuquerque is a city with a lot of crime. When I showed up to check in, the front desk was relaying a message from someone staying at the hotel to the police who had called. A squad car stopped by to check in at the hotel while I was loading my luggage. I accidentally tried to check in at the Extended Stay Premier across the road before I found the right place. There were two squad cars outside of there too, looking like they were probably trying to serve a warrant.
- The hotel is hard to find. American Road is not well marked, so make sure you double-check your directions (American is basically an access road behind the car dealerships in the area). Ironically, this is probably an advantage from a crime standpoint: I doubt any thief would bother looking for the hotel unless they were staying there.
- Hairs: The maid missed a few. Coffee stain on the dish towel for the kitchenette, also.

So, a mixed bag. Hotel felt safe (tucked off the main road, quiet, not much history of car break-ins), but police presence was high. Maid service was good, except for random hairs on fresh sheets/towels (hairy maid maybe?). Customer service was good, except for the fact we felt like they were trying to shoo us out ASAP at the end of our reservation. The weirdest part of the bum rush? The hotel was half-empty. If you don't have anyone to fill the room, why would you possibly be trying to kick out the existing guests before their reservation is finished? In any event, I'd still give this one another shot if I was in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho? Share your experiences!