“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riverside Lodge & Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red River
Riverside Lodge & Cabins
You added Riverside Lodge & Cabins to your Saves list
Main St., Red River, NM 87558   |
Burleson, Texas
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My family and I stayed at Riverside for 6 days over the New Year's holiday and we had a great time. The location was great and central to everything. Skiing, Shopping, and Restaurants were all within easy walking distance. As for the room we stayed in, it was exactly as advertised and the customer service was amazing. The ladies in the front office were very kind and the staff was quick to address any issues that came up. I met the owner (Jeff) early on in our stay and it was obvious that he was very involved in the day to day operations of the lodge/cabins. He was constantly walking around the grounds taking care of whatever needed to be done and he was always very helpful with whatever we needed. At one point, he even folded a load of our laundry that was in one of the community dryers and started drying our other load that was sitting in one of the washers just so other folks could use the facilities. Obviously, this is not something that should be expected of him but it just goes to show how far they are willing to go with their customer service.
As for access to the lifts, it was a great location. The copper lift was about a 100yrds from our front door and it takes you to the top of the mountain. The main ski chalet was also an easy walk from this place and was no more than a few blocks away.
All in all, this was a great place to stay and surpassed my expectations. I will definitely be staying with them again next time we are in town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Once again! Great service! Great value! Great convenience.

Our second time to stay at the riverside. Stayed in 12c. Perfect amount of room for the four of us. Condo style with cabin decor. Perfect for ski trip cabin feel. Beds were really comfy.

Love it! Will be back again next year.

• Stayed January 2013
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

This past Sunday, my wife and I checked out to go home. The very next morning, I received a call to inform me that the housekeeping staff found my wife's debit card under the bed. The honesty and integrity of their staff was refreshing and appreciated. I know where my wife and I will be staying in Red River from now on...Riverside Lodge!

• Stayed September 2012
Allen, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have chosen and stayed at the Riverside for many years. My parents use to know the owners but I think the property may have changed hands. We stayed in a one bedroom with small kitchenette and den area in the units across from the office. The place was clean, we had plenty of hot water all week and it was pretty quiet. We love it because it's right in the center of town and you can walk anywhere from the Riverside. We had one issue this time and it was with the maid service. We had to let the managers know our room had not been serviced: no fresh towels and bed not made up. It took two complaints before we had clean bed linens. Now, this is up in the mountains and we could get by without having clean sheets for a couple of days. But when I am on vacation and paying rent, I do expect someone to come in and change out the used towels, pick up trash and make the bed. I would stay again but I might be checking out some other places first. It is time to get new carpets and maybe update the furniture somewhat.

Room Tip: The Riverside is very competitive with room prices. They have several different rooms to fit all nee...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Vacaville, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed here for one night. They normally rent cabins for a few days but allowed us to stay in a large 2 BR unit for one night as they had availability. No tubs, just old showers, and old everything else, but, what you would expect from an old cabin up in the Mountains. Our unit was right on the highway and it was very hot, so we had to keep all the fans running all night until it cooled off, so lots of road noise until we could finally close our room door. The staff was very friendly, beds and bedding and pillows were well worn, but, overall OK.

Room Tip: Get a room off the highway if you like more peace and quiet!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here primarily for Internet- didn't work and staff wasn't very helpful getting it to work. Had to get a another room at another hotel, which had real fast internet service. So, paid for two rooms one night!

• Stayed May 2012
Wichita, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I have mixed reviews of our stay here...and I'm afraid my expectations were too high. I have to remind myself that Red River is a resort community and we're not supposed to be spending a lot of time in the condo; we need a clean place to sleep and cook a meal. During our stay, the lodge was not busy...only six cars in the parking lot, and two were ours. We stayed in a 3 br 2 bath condo - linens were clean, and room was tidy. Decor is extrememly dated and dark -- can't even call it "rustic". (I visited Red River back in the early 80's and I don't think the room has changed much!) There were two heat sources - a wall furnace that didn't seem to be working, and a thermostat controlled stand-alone gas fireplace - and we were comfortable at night as long as we kept the bedroom doors open. There was a "wet drywall" smell that was very strong in my room. When we arrived in our condo the sofas were pulled away from the walls and the cushions were lined up along the wall. A manager stopped by to say they had steamed the sofas and cusions and hadn't had a chance to come back and put things back in their place. All in all, our stay was "ok", but we will find other accommodations when we return to Red River.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Riverside Lodge & Cabins? Share your experiences!