“Good Budget Lodgings for a Quick Stop” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Riverside Lodge & Cabins

Riverside Lodge & Cabins
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red River
Riverside Lodge & Cabins
You added Riverside Lodge & Cabins to your Saves list
Main St., Red River, NM 87558   |
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good Budget Lodgings for a Quick Stop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stopped at this small ski town on our way up to Colorado Springs, and the desk staff had gone for the night. When I called, they were just up the street eating dinner and they came right over to book us into a room. I thought that was cool.
The room was okay, very old fashioned and ski-lodge decor. I slept great in the king bed, and it had a separate room with TV. Overall this simple hotel met our expectations for the night and for a low price. It was the definition of 'average' which isn't always a bad thing for a budget stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Stuart, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

We stayed at the Riverside without having a reservation or any prior information about the Lodge. Passing through town on our Harleys, we chose it based purely on the condition and appearance from the street. We were given room 2C, which is an upstairs King suite complete with a full kitchen and a porch, . My spouse and I were impressed the minute we opened the door. It was clean, spacious and charming. We found it blissfully quiet as there are no rented rooms below. Unfortunately, we'd only checked in for that one night and rode to Santa Fe the next day. A day later when we were heading back north, we'd decided that because we'd enjoyed our stay at the Riverside so much that we called and requested the exact same room (2C) for another night before ending our vacation.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Brazoria, TX. 77422
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

We stayed 5 nights in cabin 18 and it was great. Very clean and well decorated. We did not have much contact with the staff as we were constantly on the move, but when we returned to our cabin each day, we had nice fresh clean towels and washcloths. The two bedroom, one bath cabin was very roomy and the kitchen was very well equipped for our stay. The only negative thing that happened was on our last night. Our new next door neighbors had small children running around outside at 2 a.m. in the morning. The were extremely loud and their little butts should have been in bed. Otherwise, it was a great trip.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Albuquerque
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

Staff and Managers were very friendly and grounds were kept nicely and fun things to do on the site without leaving the grounds. Location was perfect. Room was not very clean and bathroom was very dirty and run down. I had asked for the front desk to have the maid service to clean the mildew off the tile but it was never done while we were there. Bathroom needed patchup work and shower curtain ripped. There were remments of the last lodger there as well on the floor in the bedroom. Would of been nicer to have the maid vacuum during out visit. I was informed that the beds were suppose to be made up as long as there were nothing left on the beds, but the service was never made.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
New Braunfels, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Riverside Lodge in February, it was fabulous! We walked to the lift and bought our passes and skied in and out everyday. The lift was literally one minute from the hotel. Our heater was acting up one morning and the manager came up and fixed it right when we made them aware of the problem. The kitchen in the room is great, pots and pans are stored there, we saved a lot of money cooking breakfast and eating lunch at the room. The Riverside is a wonderful and friendly hotel!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
cjkirsch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

I had a great stay at Riverside Lodge and Cabins. I went with my friends and was vert pleased with the location, cleanliness and the near by skiing. The value is amazing! I would reccomend this to anyone looking for a nice ski vacation or even plan a summer trip for hiking and nearby lake activities. I had never been to New Mexico and was very pleasae and happy with our selection and choice!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

I've been coming to the Riverside for years and find it such a wonderful place to escape to with my family and friends. I've always found find the staff very friendly and accommodating and the rooms comfortable and clean. I would recommend this Lodge to all my friends and family!.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Riverside Lodge & Cabins? Share your experiences!