“Beautiful, informative adventure” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 16 Activities in Red River
Type: Educational Sites, Tours, Adventure
“Beautiful, informative adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

We went with our kids ages 11, 9 and 6. The ride was fun, sights were beautiful. The kids really enjoyed the mine and panning for gold. Would do it again!

Visited August 2014

Dumas, Texas, United States
“Tour guide smelled like alcohol.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I believe that the ride was a lot of fun for my family. And I really enjoyed it until I visited with the tour guide up close and discovered that he had been drinking. Also the worker that sold us our tickets for the ride was drinking out front before we walked in the store. Once he new we were coming in he slid his beer under the bench and walked in behind us. Not very professional and I didn't appreciate the fact that they were all drinking and working/driving. If you get to take this ride with your family and your driver is sober, you will thoroughly enjoy it. God has really made this country beautiful and this tour exemplifies that beauty. Very neat tour, I just hate the fact that the workers were drinking. I would rank the tour a 5 but the workers a 3. Hope this helps.

Visited July 2014

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

robert b, Manager at New Mexico Adventure Company, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
the guide had an abscessed tooth and was on medication for it. The smell of alcohol was the combination of medication and lack of sleep.
beer cans were found under the bench of the outside office and was being thrown away.
“Jeep Tour Greatest Value - Big Bang Factor!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

New Mexico Adventure Company provided our large family a spectacular event, one that I'm sure our 5 girls aged 8 thru 12 will remember the rest of their lives. We picked the Greanie Peak Tour because of the panning for gold feature. The guide, Trey was great with the kids and seemed to enjoy the journey as much as we did. He told us many interesting facts about the area and made sure to point out and explain the sites such as the old mining town. We also got a bonus guide, Nick I assume he had the available time and went with us. Both of these guides were kind with the kids. They were patient with them and tried to answer all their questions. And with 5 young girls that's nearly impossible! The view from the top can not be described or shown in a photograph. You need to stand there and look. OH and WE FOUND GOLD!!!!

Visited October 2013

Amarillo, Texas, United States
“Everyone Must Go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

A tour with New Mexico Adventure Company is an absolute must! Our family thoroughly enjoyed the tour up to Greanie Peak, and our guide was outstanding! He took time to give us history of the area, pan for gold, and we even got to peak down an old mine shaft! Our 7 year old daughter had a blast! We will definitely do it again!

Visited July 2014

Clovis, New Mexico, United States
“New Mexico Adventure Company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I loved this jeep tour very much! The tour guide was very knowledgeable when he stopped to tell about things. It got very, very rough going over that rocky terrain! I loved the adventure!!!

Visited August 2014