“great food” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers
Activities: Golfing
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: This entertainment complex offers a myriad amount of games, from mini-golf to electronic, you'll find something for the whole family.
Live Oak Tx
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

was pleasantly surprised. pulled pork sandwiches were outstanding home made onion rings and frys were terrific. ate several times and food was consistently good. prices were reasonable. burgers were huge and perfectly cooked; owners were hands on and very attentive.

Visited May 2012

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“We loved Black Mtn. Lodge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Having no previous opinions we stayed at black mountain based on a recommendation from another lodge that was booked. We were so happy with our accomodations. Our kids 8 and 9 loved the playhouse and especially the roller skating. Our room was clean and met all of our expectations. The new owners are excellent hosts that are really getting it right. They have a wonderful attitude and outlook towards kids. We are more than ready to go back and stay there again.

Visited August 2011
Killeen, Texas
“New owners making a huge difference!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

After reading several reviews I was a bit nerous about this place but popped by just because our boys were board and I was looking for something to kill the time. The new owners are amazing! From what I'd heard this place was a run down dump, but it was apparent they were fixing to paint the exterior. They have a new handicap/ stroller ramp and the place smelt very clean. There are large screen TVs to watch while the kids play, and the owner's told me about the kitchen they have re-done and updated as they are going to start serving BBQ and other appetizers in June. My kids had a blast and I was very surprised at what I saw compared to the reviews. They told me they had just bought the place, so I guess I can see were past managers maybe let the place go down hill. These new owners thought, seem very excited about the Playhouse and it's history. They seem to have really great plans for it and appear to be working very, very hard to make it a fun place for all ages. They are a very friendly couple and I would suggest anyone visiting Red River to stop by the Playhouse and check it out! It was well worth my time to meet new people and let my kids run and play.

Visited May 2011
Merrifield, Virginia
16 attraction reviews
“This place smells. The miniature golf is...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

This place smells. The miniature golf is not worth it.

new mexico
“BYOS bring your own soap”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2009

I've been going to Red River for many years, mostly because I have family that plays softball tournaments in the town. Every time I've gone I've made sure to stop by the Playhouse. It was always a fun little place, not very clean, very much rundown, but still enjoyable enough. That is until my last visit. I had payed to roller skate, before I put my skates on I went to the bathroom. When I went to wash my hands I realized there was no soap. Like I said, this place wasn't the cleanest of spots so I felt uncomfortable just ignoring the fact that there was no soap. I then asked my boyfriend to go into the men's room and get me some, no soap in there either. I went to the front desk and asked if she could replace the soap, she said they had none. I then asked for a wipey or any disinfectant, still she had none. At that point I was disgusted and did not want to stay and roller skate. I asked for my money back. She refused, saying she never did refunds. It took a five minute argument, in which she lied and said she would not be able to call the manager to get me my refund. I'm hard headed and refused to leave without my money, she finally got on the phone and gave me my money after telling me that I was no longer welcomed there. In my eyes, I did nothing wrong, and I am not sure if I will go back when I visit in Feb.