“Clean Room, Great Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sitzmark Lodge

Sitzmark Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red River
Sitzmark Lodge
You added Sitzmark Lodge to your Saves list
416 West Main, Red River, NM 87558   |
Red River, New Mexico
“Clean Room, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

We loved staying at the Sitzmark. Clean rooms and service were great. I love the personal warm reception from the staff. You made us feel like family. Thanks so much for care of us. Hope to see you again next year.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

Our family (7) stayed at the Casita and had a great time. Our accomadations were exactly as stated and were eperfect for our family, two bedrooms, two bathrooms and day bed for the children. We could cook in the kitchen and eat out as we disired. The maid service was great. It didn't hurt that the ski slopes were great too. Overall I would
reccomend Sitzmark Lodging for their location and excellent accomadation and service.

We came to Red River to enjoy the Winter Sports but got even more from the family enviorment. Everybody went home know ing we had a great time and a great value for our money, Gladys

mon

recco

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Lousiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2008

We stayed at Sitzmark March 9-13, 2008.

Let me say that you do not go to Red River looking for a classy/lavish stay at a hotel. With that being said the Sitzmark Lodge is a perfect option at Red River. We wanted something that was close enough to walk to the main ski lift. I looked at others on the internet, and the pictures just didn’t look as nice as Sitzmark with the exception of maybe Auslender and Best Western.

I’ll give my opinion on some of the other lodges in case people are wondering. I do have to say that I haven’t been in these lodges, but have seen pictures of them on the internet which you can see for yourselves. Best Western was right up on the side of the mountain with great views from the balconies, and is close to the main lift (less than 5 minute walk). I would stay at Best Western, however, don’t think of it as a Best Western b/c it does not look like one. It’s hard to judge Copper King from the outside, but the good thing about Copper King is that it is almost touching one of the ski lifts. Auslender looks pretty nice, and I would probably stay there. It is close to the ski lift where the ski lessons are, but you can take that lift and then ski to the main lift. Alpine looks o.k. and is closest to the main ski lift. It also has a hot tub.

The rooms at Sitzmark are newly renovated (or at least ours was). We paid only $90/night and got the 4th night free and the 4th day of ski rental and lift tickets free. You can get that deal if you check in on Sunday or Monday. All rooms are different, but ours had bedroom (with 2 queens beds) kitchen combination, and of course, a bathroom. The kitchen had a refrigerator, sink, cabinets with plates and bowls, and drawers with utensils. We didn’t use any of the plates, bowls, or utensils b/c we brought our own plastic ones. If you use theirs, you have to wash them, or there will be a $20 charge for them to wash them. The refrigerator was nice to have because there are not many places that sell beer, except of course the restaurants and bars.

We arrived at Red River at 12:30 and checked in, but they told us our room would not be ready until 2:00, which is the check-in time so we expected that. So we just walk around town until 2:00. Right when we got into town we fell in love with it. Red River is a charming little town where you don’t even need to get into your car the whole time you are there. The town is probably less than 1.5 miles long, so everything is within walking distance. I’m a guy, but the only word I can think of is that it was a “cute” town. After putting our stuff in our room we went tubing at 4:15 (only $10/tube for 45 minutes). It was a lot of fun. It was like a nice welcome to the fun.

The room at Sitzmark was clean and the maid came in and restocked the bathroom, made the beds, and cleaned everyday. There is really nothing to complain about. They had a rack in our room for us to mount our skis and boots, which I thought was cool. It also prevented the ice from the skis and boots from getting on the floor. Our room was across the street from the office of Sitzmark. It was about a 3-5 minute walk from our room to the main ski lift (depending if you were carrying skis and had ski boots on). Was it fancy with marble flooring and granite countertops, and what not? No. But like I said, that is not what you go to Red River for. It was clean, and like any average hotels/condo.

There are a few restaurants in Red River, but we did not try them all. Shotgun Willie’s is like a fast food restaurant, but I would say it is better quality than say McDonalds or Wendys. The prices at Shotgun Willie’s are very reasonable with really good food. It is right by the ski lift, so if you want you can walk 2 minutes to eat there for lunch. We enjoyed their breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We ate at Timbers Steakhouse twice, and they had average service, and the food was above average in my opinion. We ate at Sundance, which is Mexican with other options, and it was pretty good. We mainly went for the margaritas, which were not margaritas, but wine margaritas. We did not mind this fact, but apparently some people do. The guy sitting behind me was complaining about the margaritas, the food not being edible, and the whole town of Red River to the waitress. I don’t understand why people just complain when they go on vacation. So I was expecting my food that was about to come out to not be good at all. Fortunately, I enjoyed it, and enjoyed the leftovers even more the next day. Anyway, we also ate at Capo’s, which is an Italian restaurant. We had pizza, and it was fantastic. I would definitely recommend eating there, b/c almost anyone loves pizza. I’m sure their other stuff was good too.

We had a great vacation and will go back, and bring others with us to experience it. We’ll possibly stay at Sitzmark, Auslender, Alpine, or Best Western. We have skied twice before, and we had a lot of fun skiing here. There is a good mixture of slopes for everyone. At night it got down to 6 degrees once. In the morning it was in the teens, but by 11:00 it was 40 degrees, and got up to 60 one day. It weather felt great most of the time. We loved it here!!!!

(i'll post some pics later)

• Liked — It was close to the main ski lift and resteraunts.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sitzmark Lodge? Share your experiences!