“Average is about right” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   533 Clayton Rd., Raton, NM 87740 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Raton
Tampa, Florida
“Average is about right”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed here as a result of poor planning during a summer road trip out west. I used a third-party bidding site after seeing the rates that were available that evening. While I could have done much worse as far as accommodations, considering what I paid for the room I was somewhat disappointed. This is the first room in several years that I've stayed in which had not been upgraded to a flat-screen TV. The layout was also a little odd...the room in which I stayed had the bathroom sink in the main living area. It reminded me of hotels that we stayed in during the 1980s when I was a kid.

All in all, though, it's not a bad place to stay. Just not great. It would be a good option depending on the kind of price you can get.

Room Tip: The hotel is next to I-25, so if freeway noise bothers you, try to get a room on the west side of th...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Gilbert G, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time yo complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our gueste in the future.

I hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can provide you with a superior experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The Quality Inn is an easy stop in Raton just off the highway when heading to Texas or Denver. Reasonable rates with full hot breakfast and nice staff. Get a room on the west side to see the deer in the field out back.

Room Tip: On I-25 the Exit sign lists the hotel as a Comfort Inn.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Gilbert G, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps eith our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Lancaster, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

For the price I paid (~$95 with discount), there is no way I would consider this hotel to be the caliber of other Quality Inns I've been at in the past.

No idea what the heck the smell is in our room. We checked with management and they noted a dog had been in our room about a week prior (pet friendly hotel, I guess), but the carpets had been shampooed. I like dogs. This did not smell like dog. Perhaps it is the shampoo, or now that I think about it; maybe even a musty smell from the shampooed carpets not being dried properly? No clue, but it's pretty bad, and noticeable as soon as you open the door.

The Internet, when it was working, was very slow, and suffered from frequent disconnects. A call to the front desk later, and they reset the modem, which worked for a while. Took a few resets during the night, and it still didn't work properly. This is 2014, not 1994. No excuse for this.

Could have paid $83 to stay at the Holiday Inn (not Express) in Trinidad, about 15 miles before Raton. Think I should have done that.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Gilbert G, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2014

On behalf of our entire team, I would loke to apologize for falling to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using your feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
LUBBOCK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The hotel is in a good location near the Interstate and across from gas stations and McDonald's. The check-in staff didn't seem like he wanted to be there, but in the morning the cleaning staff and management seemed to have things together. All the vending machines were sold out of product. The breakfast eggs and sausage were cold. The room was clean, except for the chair cushion had food crumbs in it. The room was quiet and I slept well. I will probably stay here again the next time I pass through. They don't recognize rewards members and I was not offered a room upgrade.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey.

Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your imput helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.
Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We checked in late and the staff was very nice both then and this morning at check out. Room was nice, a little dated, but clean, comfy and not freezing as some are that have ac running all the time. Breakfast was good nice hot selection bar. Actually had Real OJ not watered down stuff. Only complaint was wifi signal was weak in our room couldn't use, had to get our mifi out n use it. Would recommend and would stay again if we are in the area.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Gilbert G, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Your feed back is important.
Raton, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Stopped on our way to Montana. The staff was wonderful. Full breakfast was great! Room was outdated. Very small pillows. Has free WiFi, but no WiFi instructions. Pool & hot tub looked a rusty, flaky, but clean.

• Stayed June 2014
Gilbert G, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We appreciate your feed back.
Abingdon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Rate was $67 through booking.com and a military discount. Very courteous and helpful personnel. Great breakfast. Location as good as it gets in Raton. Room clean and fully equipped. Absolutely quiet! Comfortable bed. Comfortable arm chair in room.

Would recommend and will stay here again if ever back in Raton.

Room Tip: Better view from the back side rooms. Entire hotel seems to be quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Gilbert G, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We appreciate your feed back.

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!