“The best "customer service" oriented and "friendliest people in the world" that I have EVER encountered at a hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Raton

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Raton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

The hotel is conveniently located along I-25; and the people not only in this hotel but the entire community have so much pride in their town. The people are extremely friendly...from the delicious breakfast of pancakes, bacon, omlets, sausage, cereal, donuts, rolls, etc...., the pool, hot tub, outside landscaping and relaxing chaise lounges and hanging swings outside by the "fire pits". Top that off with the friendliest staff and I'd say, this hotel ranks as the BEST in customer service and FRIENDLIST I have ever stayed at!!! A definite must stay if going through this area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Eustace, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

For those making the Texas to Colorado trip, this is the best place to stay in a hundred mile radius. The Holiday Inn Express rooms and lobby have been newly renovated - very nice decor, good ambience. I commend the staff. When we checked in to our room, it smelled like a smoker's room. The front desk immediately changed our room, put the smelly room on a "Do Not Rent" list, and I saw later that in a sold out situation, they could have rented the room, but didn't.. I would recommend this hotel. It is clean and comfortable. The staff were all friendly and professional. It is pet friendly but not pet yucky.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Cypress
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

This location was a great suprise. I was just looking for an acceptable stop for a nights stay and was suprised with what we ended up with. They had a great afternoon snack available, a nice courtyard to relax in and a putting green we had fun practicing on. Great service, clean rooms, friendly employees for sure.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed here for one night, I booked it based on reviews on Trip advisor and I'm glad I did! We arrived around 9pm, parking was almost full and there were few people in front of us waiting to check in. Hallway is decorated in a rustic fashion, there is a display with jewelry that you can purchase, colors are warm and staff is very professional and polite. Our room was on the 2nd floor, two queen beds, very clean, we had a fridge and microwave in the room and there is a flat screen TV. Hot breakfast was included in the rate and there is a business center on the same floor with 2 computers, so no line ups. Book in advance as looks like the hotel sells out fast. I'm glad I did.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Prosper, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Very nice place. Employees are all super friendly.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

This property is very clean and nice. I have to say what really impressed me was the service. The front desk staff was very polite and courteous. I highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Raton.

• Stayed July 2011
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Very nice property with friendly staff. Served afternoon snacks and a good hot breakfast. Great outdoor patio area with plenty of tables. Very nice, clean room. Non-smoking inside and out. Everything seemed to be in great condition. The beds were in good shape, but a bit too soft for us. They sell out every night in the summer months, so plan ahead.

Room Tip: Ask for discounts and try to negotiate your rate. That worked for me.