“"It's an American Institution"” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
PA
“"It's an American Institution"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stopped for more than a continental breakfast from a hotel or a McWhatever sandwich while on a long drive. You really can't go wrong with Denny's breakfast since you can find or create any kinda "Slam" you can imagine ... they even had Pancake Puffs! Service and Food Delivery was relaxed but that was okay. Quality was good and what was expected. I would recommend it for breakfast and it was an easy off and on at the interstate exit or on the way to Capulin Volcano NM.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Good food, good price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

It's a Denny's, not a steakhouse but I thought their pot roast was very good and you can't go wrong with a Denny's breakfast.

Visited October 2013
Oklahoma
“Not Bad, Would eat there again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Busy when we arrived, but was seated and served reasonably quick. Food was pretty good and price was great. Our waitress was courteous and prompt. I would eat there again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Slow service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We were driving 600 miles yesterday and stopped in Raton for lunch. Normally Denny's is pretty quick, without being "fast food" like McDonalds or Wendy's. I think my mistake was ordering the "Endless Chili & Salad". I'm convinced I was being "slow rolled" so I wouldn't have time for a 2nd serving. It took about 45 mins for the waitress to bring us our food. The bowl of chili looked as though it had been sitting under a heat lamp for at least 15 mins, as there was a crust on top! The 2nd bowl was better, but it still took a long time even after asking the waitress a second time for our food! Really, how long does it actually take to dish up a house salad and ladle some chili into a bowl? Overall, I think lunch took about 1 1/4 hours!
I have eaten at this particular Denny's on previous trips, and had good food and fairly quick service. This time I was very disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Temple, Texas
“Pleasantly surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Got in to Raton late in the evening. The options in Raton aren't the greatest, so we chose Denny's which was across the street from our hotel. My husband and son ordered breakfast, and I reluctantly ordered a salad--thinking it was a mistake. To my surprise, my salad was fresh and excellent! In addition, if you are a member of AARP, you get 20% off of your tab--a nice perk! Our server was outstanding--service was worthy of a five star restaurant! We will return!

• Visited August 2013