“My grandfather used to take me to this restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 29 Restaurants in Raton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Description: Family owned restaurant in business since 1923. Have recently remodeled to update with the times. Coffee Shop has mostly homemade items with include our specialty sandwiches on homemade bread. The back of the restaurant is available for larger parties and receptions. Beer and Wine are available
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“My grandfather used to take me to this restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2008

My grandfather used to take me to this restaurant

Houston, TX
“Would go back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2006

In any other town, I would have been very unlikely to try a place like Pappas Sweet Shop. In Raton, however -- at least in mid January -- there are very, very few other choices if you don't want fast food. I had the NY Strip, which was good, but I preferred the one I had the next night at the Icehouse. Sides were good too, and their apple pie was great. A clean restaurant with very friendly service.